1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airtravel gun case

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by markostrunk, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markostrunk

markostrunk Member

What case do you guys use when you are flying with your gun(s)?

Anyone try the 53" Pelican Model 1750 with wheels?

2. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I have a 36" Pelican (bought 15 years ago pre-wheels) and it is truly a vault. Super tough but a bit heavy....the new ones with wheels look like the real deal.

3. CME4DIRT

CME4DIRT TS Member

My Kalispel case has made at least 5 trips to Maui with the only damage being lock broken off but didn't even loose rod. Quite heavy but quite durable. Get the one with wheels. Bill

4. old pipe

old pipe TS Member

If you would like to participate at the shoot you`re going to you need a very
    durable air travel case, Our group travel with Americase, the only one that has survived all the abuse the baggage handlers can give. Yes it is heavier and
    do cost a little more BUT it protects your shotgun. I recomend Americase as the
    air travel case for a peace of mind. And get the codura cover.
    pineapple

5. Baber

Baber TS Member

I have used a Rhino case for years. The Army MTU has used them as well. Never had a gun damaged. They are heavy but they are almost impossible to damage.

TB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.