1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airport security

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by alf174, Jan 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alf174

alf174 Member

you must have read Arthur C. Clarke's sci-fi novel "The Trigger".

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

it would be better to have a beam that detonated all bombs 5 miles from the airport

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Fun thought, but we'd have a lot of lawsuits on our hands. You'd have to be standing in front of a transmitter that swept all RF/Microwave frequencies. Not good for the eyes. You guys might start knowing what women talk about when they complain about hot flashes.

Granted, they tend to use cell phone and key fob frequencies at this time, but you'd see terrorists quickly get innovative with receiver frequency ranges.

4. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

I just returned from Toronto now where everyone goes through the magatometer and yur briefcase and laptop are gone through with a fine tooth comb. But, now they've added another level that everyone gets hand searched.

Yes, I mean hands on your body and I mean everybody that's coming to the states! There are no exceptions except the handicapped. Plus your briefcase and carry on are completelt searched again. So I guess the full body scanners are as bad as having Raja patting you down.

5. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

I just returned from Toronto now where everyone goes through the magatometer and yur briefcase and laptop are gone through with a fine tooth comb. But, now they've added another level that everyone gets hand searched.

Yes, I mean hands on your body and I mean everybody that's coming to the states! There are no exceptions except the handicapped. Plus your briefcase and carry on are completelt searched again. So I guess the full body scanners are as bad as having Raja patting you down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.