1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airliner Flyby ha ha.......

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jerbear, Feb 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7hpVH1IAQM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p7hpVH1IAQM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The inaugural flight with the company executives in it and 28 feet above the ground.

The pilot got fired and lost his $500.000 a year job. What a dumb a$$.

This was just on Iside Edition.

Jerbear

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Hey, if you're gunna quit your job, do it with gusto!

4. ducker

ducker TS Member

I wonder what he was thinking about coming in with the throttles back and no landing gear down and all those horns going off. Seems to me with me being an Aircraft Mechanic he should have relized that way before he got that low.

Gary Hall Sr.

5. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

3 second show. If he was a real pilot, he would have come out of there with a victory roll, that would have been something to get fired over. Also, a sonic boom would have added a little. Maybe unsafe, but what the heck.
    Maybe I am wrong as I don't know the airport, but a couple of thousand broken windows would have put him in the history books.
    Maybe I am wrong.

Mike

6. BAMA

BAMA TS Member

Kind of reminds me of the Boeing Test Pilot who did a victory roll over San Francisco with Boeing's 1st 707. His career didn't survive it but it sure was cool.

7. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Can those airliners go sonic? Do they have enough engine?

I guess I never thought about that.

They do cruise at about Mach 0.75 so I suppose its possible.

8. dog easy

dog easy TS Member

The Boeing test pilot that rolled B-707-80 was non other than Tex Johnston and he did keep his job after a good a$$ chewing. He writes about it in his autobiography. He was also the first to fly the B-47 and the B-52. He was retired long before the 747 flew.

$500,000 a year for a Cathay pilot? Not even close. Maybe that much for three years.

BTW, the new Boeing 747-800 is going to have a takeoff weight well in excess of 900,000#. BIG AIRPLANE!

Shoot Safe, John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.