1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airline Oversize Baggage Fee

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Have no experience with United Steve but with other airlines I have prepaid my baggage charges online just for that reason. My SKB case is over the linear limit also but that has never been an issue. Baggage charges are becoming the final straw for me anyway.

2. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Wait till they start charging over weight passengers.

3. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Or for useing the head..

4. justanother99

justanother99 Member

If I were you, I'd just quit and stay home, Steve! All kidding aside, go and tear it up buddy, and most importantly, have fun!

5. grl

grl Member

For what it's worth, if you have an American express platinum, it will reimburse up to $200/year of airline surcharges (baggage, meals, etc)

6. grl

grl Member

For what it's worth, if you have an American express platinum, it will reimburse up to $200/year of airline surcharges (baggage, meals, etc)

7. grl

grl Member

8. grl

grl Member

9. grl

grl Member

10. grl

grl Member

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

If you do get whacked for oversized, your going to regret it, as the charge is $175 per side (if they catch you going and coming back). You'd be better off with 2 separate gun cases.

12. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

THe last time i flew I upgraded to first class for $40.oo. Extra baggage was free.

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The Good folks at Americase have been pushing American Airlines to change their policies. It seems that a set of Golf Clubs that are bigger and heavier than a gun case gets a special rate, while they sock it to the trap and skeet shooters whose cases are only a little over the limits. It is like clay target sports are not legitimate and golf is. I do sympathize with all the shooters, but we also need to take time to write the complaint departments of the Airlines and have them re adjust their rules to not single out all the shooters for an unfair service charge. I am already avoiding every flight I can for the scrotum fondle with dirty gloves deal, while the security employees are often foreign workers. The unfair extra charge for a gun case is just an insult to the injury.

14. justanother99

justanother99 Member

I used my better judgement and stayed home this weekend with my better half. Not that she would have cared that I went to the winter shoot, but she might have thought that I was out of my mind with our wonderful weather we've been having lately. Global warming will be taking place this week, and temps in the 70's are expected by the end of the week. Are you going to CC this Saturday?

15. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

why not just buy an Americase two gun case?

16. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but for what it's worth, if you have an American express platinum, it will reimburse up to $200/year of airline surcharges (baggage, meals, etc)

17. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

"why not just buy an Americase two gun case?" Americase 2 gun cases, when fully loaded, come VERY close to the 50lb limit. I have a friend with one which holds his auto, o/u, and subgauge tubes. He has to take out his spare trigger, chokes, oil, ect to be able to make the weight limit.

18. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Americase with the two guns mentioned will be well under 50#. My 32" double case weighs 21# empty, add 2 9# guns, got 10# to spare

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.