1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airline Maintance by China

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by b12, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I see another one of our fellow american companies are dumping our asses an going to china to get their maintance work done. I can see why. The younger generation don't have time to do anything, they have their head and hands stuck on the cell phone and can't remove the lead out of their college educated butts.
    The preformance of our working class of the younger generation and I'm going to say 40 and unders is piss pour. This is what our fine education system has taught the people today. Take care of your own a*&^ and forget about your fellow american and worker. Oh by the way its United Airlines. Bill

2. grammie

grammie TS Member

The "Chain" has been broken!!!!! See thread titled "wake up america" for more..

AKA Grammie..........

3. grammie

grammie TS Member

Bill:

Yes,,,that is what you see around you today,,,,But it is not their fault!!! The blame lies with US!!!! We are the generation that raised "that" generation!!! You can't blame someone when its you,,me,,us,,that sticks out your hand full of candy,,and offers it,,you can't blame someone who takes it.....and we have NEVER taught our young the perils of "excess"......

AKA Grammie............

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just a small thought ... who really cares? We are to blame for them going overseas because we demand lower air fares and higher profits. If we could do the job as cheap and as good (the work must still pass muster to fly the planes afterwards) here in the states United and others would have the major work done here.

Just think of how much cheaper it must actually be since they now also have to figure in the fuel to fly it there and back ... that is some serious expense in itself.

We are greedy in the US and we are to blame for much of our overseas trade business.

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Why do you blame the educational system for these problems?

Don’t these “children” have a family and a mom and dad? Do you expect any educational system by itself to teach work ethic, religion, family values and a desire to be successful?

The old school teacher in a one room school house that taught all grades with a textbook in one hand and a paddle in the other didn’t do too bad of a job. Usually a she, the teacher was underpaid and she or he provided the “book learning” that educated the children who fought WW I and WW II and built the greatest society that has ever existed on this planet.

There are a lot of good teachers out there. They have to deal with what they get. Many kids do not have a good family support system. They are looking to survive today. Tomorrow is a little vague and the future does not exist.

There are really a lot of good kids in class but often a few unruly students impair their ability to learn.

If you want to help, push for smaller class sizes and more “alternative” schools to help with students who constantly disrupt classes.

If you have not been a classroom recently, you would be shocked at what goes on, especially in inner city schools.

Please don’t blame the teachers.

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: educational system

New York State flunking 61 city schools
    BY ERIN EINHORN
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, December 21st 2007, 4:00 AM

State education officials Thursday named a record-breaking 61 high-poverty city schools to a list of those failing so badly their students have the right to transfer.

There also were four low-poverty schools added to a failure list for not showing progress under the No Child Left Behind Act.

And that's just elementary and middle schools.

When the high school list is released - it was delayed due to changes in data collection methods - the final tally is expected to go well beyond the 421 schools that last year comprised nearly a third of 1,348 evaluated schools.

"It shows you how far we have to go," Mayor Bloomberg said. "We've come an enormous ways but nobody should think we are there."

State officials say the increase in failing schools is the result of the 2006 expansion in the state's testing program.

Before this year, the failing lists only considered whether schools improved from one year to the next on fourth- and eighth-grade exams.

This year, the lists considered exams in grades 3-8 and although a higher percentage of kids passed the tests, there were more ways for a school to fail.

The new list had some good news for 18 schools that improved enough to be removed.

Still, the report is a sting to Bloomberg and Schools Chancellor Joel Klein, who have trumpeted improvements in test scores and graduation rates as proof that their sweeping school reforms are working.

Many of the schools the state judged to be failing did well on the city's new and controversial school grading system.

Of the 65 schools added to the list, nine earned an A from the city, 21 earned B's and only four earned an F.

Teachers union President Randi Weingarten said differences between state and city criteria are "troubling. ... This discrepancy serves as a big red flag showing that there is something wrong here and that these schools should get another look before they are closed."

7. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I don't care! I don't fly! You guys are in trouble if it turns out to be anything like a Chineses fire drill!

8. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

I don't blame the kids in school they only accuire only what they are taught or instructed. I know that their are many a good teachers but their hands are tied and very underpaid. However with the power of government comes the greed. I United Airlines were to get their work done here cheaper they would not lower cost if they were getting the price they were asking for.
    Their will come a time they won't need anyone anyway cause nobody will be flying. There won't be any jobs in this country left to pay for them.

9. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

The last time I was in China on business (May, '07) I flew China Air from Beijing to Guangzhou. Landing in Guangzhou, one of the starboard thrust reversers simply fell of the engine of the 737 when the pilot deployed them. There was quite a bit of turning left before the pilot got things in hand.

Just let that happen to an American dignitary a few times and maintenance will be back in American hands toot sweet.

Morgan

10. Beancounter

Beancounter TS Member

This is not - not a lazy, stupid, young person issue. It is a pay and cost of doing business issue. After people die horrible deaths because their plane just fell out of the sky there will be a quality issue.

11. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

Don't forget to get flight insurance.....course, you'll be dead, but what the hell...you can at least say you got it!

12. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

It WILL get worse! The bottom dollar club has been making the flying buisness more risky for awhile. Right now there are companies that have "repair stations" that employ a handful of liscensed A & P mechanics to sign off work done by foreign workers that I woudn't let work on my LAWN MOWER! A lot of stuff gets "pencile whipped"! The big profit boys don't have to fly on the aircraft themselves so they don't give a rip! Aircraft maintenance is a demanding buisness with very few second chances! When the Master Caution lights come on showing an engine failure or a main system failure the pucker factor gets intense VERY quick! You can bet the FAA inspectors won't get the access they need in a foreign country and safety issues will be much easier to hide there. If your car breaks down on the interstate you "usually" get inconvienced. When a major aircraft system fails you stand a good chance of there being nothing but a "smoking hole" left for the investigation board!

13. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Maybe....just maybe...it's because the chinese have a better safety record???

<a href="http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q20/GunDr_Photo/?action=view&current=128886.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q20/GunDr_Photo/?action=view&current=128885.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q20/GunDr_Photo/?action=view&current=128884.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q20/GunDr_Photo/?action=view&current=airlines.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.