1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airgun shooters what do you think of.........

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ks5shooter, Aug 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ks5shooter

ks5shooter Member

Was considering the Gamo Viper for some plinking and a little varmint control.What do you think of this air rifle?thanks Don

2. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Don't know about the Viper, but the "two" Gamo 440 Hunters I've owned have absolutely the worst triggers on them of any gun I've ever owned (even my Matttel Fanner 50). They even have the guts to advertise it as " two-stage trigger"! It has enough creep in it for 5 or 6 stages. By the time it finally lets off, the pest is gone. If anyone knows how to fix it I'd like to know. The reason why I own two is because I tried to improve the trigger on the first one and ended up with a parts gun. The remaining one doesn't shoot that bad if you have plenty of time for the shot. The Simmons air rifle scope is a good choice (about $120).

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

I agree. Every Gamo I've shot, which isn't a great number, have had terrible triggers. If you want quality go with RWS or anything that Beeman sells. It's worth the price difference.

Jerry

4. cementman

cementman Member

Beeman R10 .177 caliber air rifle like new in box with paperwork, shot less than 100 rounds, no marks on metal or wood. The R10 is known as the "son of the R1" with slightly less weight and easier cocking mechanism(do Google on the R10 for more info). Target included showing groupings less than 1/2 inch for 5 shots at 30 yards. This is a tackdriver. Priced at $295.00 plus shipping from Michigan. Have RWS 450 3x9 scope brand new in box at $110.00 and complete RWS cleaning kit, never opened at $20.00, both plus shipping. Drop "x's" in email address.

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

Say what you want and do what you will, so here it is.I bought a Gamo 2000 at Wally World ( Wal-Mart ) about two years ago and was not at all satisfied with it's trigger then I found on the web the Reviewcenter.com where they evaulate differant products, one of which was the gamo 2000, there was mention there about the triggers and info on a guy that builds triggers for this and many other air guns and springers, his web site is charliedatuna.com and for about 35.00 I bought one of his triggers for my gamo 2000 and it is simply GREAT very easy to install and it is fully adjustable, well worth the low price that I paid, it turns the 2000 into a differant animal. Buy one and you wont even look back.

6. Cold Iron

Cold Iron Active Member

LOL drhuner beat me to it.

Charlie Da Tuna in Greenville, SC sells a replacement trigger (GRT-III ) for the Gamo (and others) for around $32. He also does a full tune up which every springer air gun needs out of the box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.