1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Airbrush kits?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Tron, Feb 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Anyone here knowledgable about airbrush kits? I've got some stuff I'd like to experiment with and I need to get an airbrush kit.

Jb

2. JPSemper

JPSemper Member

You can pick up an airbrush kit at a hobby shop when they sell remote controlled model planes and such. They also sell the cans of air as well.

John S

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Badger seems to be about the best for hobby work. I was into model railroading as a hobby and Badger was the most popular and not real expensive. Mike.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don't mess with the cans of air. That can turn into a money pit. You can get a kit to reduce your normal air compressor line down to the smaller air brush size. You will need to dial your compressor down to the recommended pressure of your paint gun of course. It will also be a good idea to keep as much water drained from your compressor as possible. I'm certain you know water and air tools do not mix but water in paint is worse. I have a cheap in line water seperator. I have a real cheap air brush from china(Harbor Freight). It sucks or I do or a combo of both. Of course I just bought mine for doing some camo on a few items. It worked for my use.

As Rick above recommended, buy a good one. If you are going to be doing a lot of projects with it, it may be a good idea to buy a compressor made for the Air Brush guns.

5. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

As said, forget the cans. Think about adding an air tank close to the air brush, and control the pressure at the tank, feed the tank from the compressor. This way the pressure is smooth and will not spike every time the compressor cuts on and off.

ps keep the needle clean, clean after every use...

Grubby

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Suppliers ad, you may want to go to their website.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wAfvCWzDRg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5wAfvCWzDRg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Techniques.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8hA55I7dBY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F8hA55I7dBY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

7. Dougbbbb

Dougbbbb TS Supporters TS Supporters

Make sure it's double action.

Doug

8. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Thanks all for the great suggestions!

Jb

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Tron .... check out Coastal Air Brush!

They have absolutely everything that you might need ... at fair prices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.