1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

air rifle clubs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Willus, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willus

Willus TS Member

I have just bought a new air rifle, and been shooting it around 250 times (the book says 150 to break in)I have not shot good groups. I live in the PEORIA area, and was looking for a group or club for assistance. Thank You

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Give us some info on the gun and pellets you are using and maybe we can help. HMB

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Remember that follow through is very important in air rifle shooting. Due to the low velocity of most target-quality rifles the pellet is in the barrel longer than even 22 LR match ammo.

Air rifle shooting will make you a better rifle shooter.

Good luck with it.

HBT

4. crusha

crusha TS Member

If you're shooting a spring-piston off a bench...sometimes that can be kinda tricky, too. Doesn't always produce the kind of improvement over offhand that you would expect, if you're not very careful how you rest it, at least that's how it seems to me.

5. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

try above link, I went nuts trying to zero my POS. After a little trial and error and some google'n. I managed to get it nice. Also finding a good pellet is just like any other rifle finding what it likes to eat.

http://www.airgunwarehouseinc.com/py-p-393.html They sell sample packs at some of the larger suppliers of air gun stuff. If link works I bought these. Have not had the time to fully run them. But so far it seems the gamo match do best so far, they also leave a nice clean hole. My gun is a BB-pellet gun. I had some really good results with .177 lead BB. I have been shooting out to 30 yards, best 5 shot group with a scope is about 1". not going to get much better than that with out olympic grade stuff.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Beeman Silver Jet pellets if you can find them.

use the cleaning pellets 2 at a time.

HM

7. Willus

Willus TS Member

The air rifle is a Benjinman mod.1500 with scope. The pellets are Gamo Raptor Gold. All of the information, THANK YOU. I have not had time to try any of it, I will start 6-7-09. The answer I see, is the hold of the gun, a soft hold.

I was holding the gun with a very tight forarm grip, and pushing it into my shoulder firmly. This looks to be my problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.