1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIR FORCE RESERVISTS - UNION EMPLOYEES

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rico46, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Only in the Air Force would you have reservists refusing to "no longer where a uniform when on duty." I'm not sure what part of the Uniform Code of Military Justice they are under but if you do not wear a proper uniform and refuse to put one on, they could be tried under a court-martialed for refusing to follow a direct order, dereliction of duty and conduct unbecoming. The worst part of this whole thing is that you have a high ranking reservists who is a union employee who wants to discuss "collective bargaining' with the Air Force. That is utter non-sense!

We are at war and a refusal to follow a direct order should lead directly to a summary court-martial. Enough of their damn non-sense. If they want out..let them out! No more benefits and or retirement. If they can't follow military regulations kick them out or get the ring leaders and run them through the military legal system. The United States Military is not a democracy and it sure the hell isn't a union shop!

Rick Brohmer
    USMC
    74-79

2. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Get your facts right first, they are Reservist 1 weekend a month and 15 days a year (summer camp/annual training). The rest of the time they are techs just working a job. They don't retire after 20 years. Tech and AGR are 2 seperate groups of wokers.. So if they are AGR then they are just like active duty on 24/7, and are part of the UCMJ. These guys are not, they have to stay in the guard/reserves to keep their jobs 5 days a week, they have to belong to the guard/reserve. So get right first, they are not full time military. Their job could require them to wear the uniform, just like the post office, UPS and any number of jobs. So get right and learn what you are talking about before you start taking UCMJ and all the other crap. They are a union shop.... SO get a life, Grubby, PS yea they should wear one, BUT it's not in their contract...

3. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

DON'T KNOW THE HISTORY OF WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, BUT---THEY MAY BE CIVILIAN TECHNICIANS WORKING FULL TIME FOR THE AIR FORCE,ARMY OR NAVY-THE RULES ARE ABOUT THE SAME. THESE FOLKS ARE REQUIRED TO BE IN THE RESERVE. BASICALLY THEY WEAR THE UNIFORM ON WEEKEND DRILL AND ARE PAID BY THE UNIT THEY ARE ASSIGNED TO IAW WITH THEIR MILITARY RANK. DURING THE WEEK THEY ARE PAID IAW WITH THERE CIVILIAN PAY GRADE. NOT SURE IF THEY ARE REQUIRED TO WEAR THEIR UNIFORMS OR NOT WHEN IN CIVILLIAN STATUS- BUT I AM SURE THE RULS ARE SPELLED OUT SOMEWHERE. IF THEY DON'T WANT TO FOLLOW THE RULES, THEY SHOULD HIT THE STREETS OR HAVE THE RULES CHANGED.-RICK ZINO

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Grubby, you need to get your facts right! If they are a reservists or serve in any capacity then they need to wear a uniform period! If they work for the US government as a civilian employee and they are required to wear a uniform then wear it or QUIT! I don't give a damn if they are not full-time active duty. I have to wear a suit and tie to work everyday. It's not in our company handbook but if "choose" not to wear it, I can also choose also to be walked to the door. Life is about choices not collective bargaining!

Labor unions have killed off nearly every MFG based jobs in this country and now they call for "collective bargaining" for the US military! The country will be a lot better off when the word "union" is only a word in our history books!

Rick

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

So ... 7-1/2 or 8 shot? Full or modified choke? 32 or 34 inch barrel?

6. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

First off their UNION is a "civil service union" and while they may seek legal judicaL ruling and file greviences they may NOT STIKE. They are called AIR RESERVE TECHNICIANS(ARTS), and are Civil Service Employees, that are also required to hold positions in the Air National Guard or A.F. Reserves. They CAN be reqired to wear a "type of WORK UNIFORM")provided it is paid for and "ISSUED" by the unit in question. EXAMPLE some ARTS while working as a civil service employees(WHICH IS WHAT THEY ARE 5 days per week) wear a blue jump suit with their name on it. Some units also give the "OPTION" to wear their military uniform if they do not choose the work uniform provided. They are NOT required by MILITARY regulation to wear a MILITARY UNIFORM while NOT on military duty. They may AT ANY TIME be "activated"(called to active Reserve Service, at which time they are under the Uniform code of Military Justice (UCMJ). They also fall under the UCMJ while serving as RESERVIST of UTAs (UNIT TRAINING ASSEMBLIES) OR 2 WEEKS ANNUAL TRAINING. During these times they MUST wear their proper Military uniform. At "ALL" other times they are simply civil service employees. AT ALL TIMES during UTAs or ANNUAL training or when activated they ARE required to wear a MILITARY uniform. Since you posted no link or document to back up your complaint I doubt if you have or are relaying the full story.

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yeah I think I tend to agree with you ...

7-1/2 shot is better with a modified choke while 8's are better with a little tighter choke but I have seen no difference in either or of them with either a 32" or 34" barrel.

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"unions killed the jobs".........do you think with that brain too? NAFTA and GATT were not by any stretch of the imagination union initiatives.

Another guy eating dumbass breakfast cereal.

HM

9. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Halfmile, you better stop eating breakfast for the uninformed. Unions have been chasing jobs out of this country long before NAFTA and GATT were even thoughts!

Rick

10. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mash on the link for the news story.

Jim

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Sorry to correct you, but greedy management is the culprit. They don't shoot strikers any more, just send the jobs away.

HM

12. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I read the article and the way I understand it is that there are employees are in disagreement with the policy. WHERE DOES IT STATE THE UNION STARTED THIS?????????????

This is just another union bashing statement!!!!!! OH, so much jealousy in the world. Oh yea.....enjoy your holidays!!!!!

Sad part is that NAFTA hasn't done all it's damage yet.

Bill = Proud union member.

13. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

When your grandkid's can't get a good paying job, and when they get "A JOB", they have to say "deseas fies con eso" ("do you want fries with that"), you'll be dreaming for a union job, and I’ll bet you’ll have to speak Spanish in the military by them, because by then that will be the native language of every NCO.....GRUBBY

14. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

Grubby.,your wasting your time ,most of these union bashers are still stuck in jobs with employers that stick it up there ass;s and tell them how good they got it .If you belong to a union enjoy the benefits and smile at the idiots spewing the company line .

15. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

You got it right Tgun. Unions built this country, not companies that produced jobs, services and goods. Those unions by God couldn't live with out union dues. Thats their only lifeblood. Dues from members. I belonged to two of them. The only thing they did for the companies I worked for was let about 20% of the workers stay on payroll while the other 80% of us did the work.

16. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

17. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

Well there you have it. Another statement from tgun90 telling us once again that if you don't belong to a union you will not have any benefits or retirement. tgun90 is a true example of a brainwashed idiot. Every time tgun90 posts his union beliefs on this site I feel fortunate that I can think for myself and make it on my own. Not all unions provide good benefits.

To all you union members that have good retirement and benefits good for you. Just don't spew your union believes on anyone else. We don't care.

Ex union member now non union equipment operator and proud of it.

18. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Hey whiz.......Everyone of these union bashing threads are started by someone who is consumed by the hatred of unions. There would be no response otherwise.

Obviously you had a bad experience or you wouldn't feel that way, which is too bad. I have belonged to the Operating Engineers for 31 yrs. But you are right about one thing, not all unions have good benefits. Not all members are good ones either but most of us go to work wanting to make the contractor money which in turn puts it in our pocket also. The same thing can be said of the non-union sector also.

Tripod........Those two unions you belonged to were only as strong as the membership. The only other reason for the laziness of the 20% would be your state labor laws.

Bill

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The lack of need for a union is exemplified by the the shrinking numbers of union members. UAW now has around 80,000, down from 185,000+. They are a prime reason the Big 3 are fast becoming the the little 3. Maybe a few more bankrupcies and total loss of union jobs will get the point home. The gluttony of the unions will be there own demise. Unions may have been needed once but they have outlived there usefulness. Unions are a major reason of Michigan's record low economy. What employer in his right mind wants to start or bring a company to a state that has so many Un-employed union workers, he knows he will have trouble in a very short period of time.(he will need 3 workers for the work of 1) He can put it in a neighboring state with "no-problems". This same UAW thinking and their personal UAW Governor has Mich. leading the nation in things like, unemployment, foreclosures, bankrupcy, state deficit, lowest bond rating in 10 years and a flood of people leaving the state along with several major companies.

If it comes down to making a profit or not and a company sends work off shore, you would rather the company go under. Even though that same company provides employment for many others and suppliers. It's this kind of stupid thinking that has us in the economic bind we are in.

Don

20. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

HEY WIZZ, glad your happy in the nonunion sector of the economy , hope your employer treats you fare and you do well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.