1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Air Force One / Question?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by slipping into darkness, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slipping into darkness

slipping into darkness TS Member

Is there a site which shows how many times Obama has used the plane, and who the passenger were on those flights? also the cost. S.L.I.D.

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

It's not just air force one, it's the secret service and all, that goes along for the ride. Limos, Suburbans, all other support vehicles and crew. Fuel all of that crap.

Jerbear

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Don't forget the wash and wax job each and every time its taken out of the hanger.

PBS did a documentery a few years ago, the DVD is probaly out there somewhere, dollar store's or Walmart.

Last time I was in a dollar store, their book selection, was ALL leberal view points, stuff that wouldn't sell elsewhere! Clinton, Gore, Hillary, Edward, Oprah, Woppie, etc

4. Unsingle

Unsingle Member

When the President came to our city, there were two Air Force Ones. I believe one is a "decoy" or maybe a backup.

5. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

There is also the large cargo plane(s) that haul the ground vehicles and security equipment, weapons, etc.

6. slipping into darkness

Please don't tell me he used this green enco unit to make all these trips, to all those town hall meetings trying to drum up support for health care. just what has he's cost us so far with his jaunts, he could have sent everybody a check for about 25000.00, that would do more for getting our country going than anything he's done so far! with almost every election nothing changes. thanks for the responses. S.L.I.D.

7. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Don't forget to add in the 757 that took Michelle and Oprah over two days early. Heard they even had to do an in-flight refueling because of the heavy load.

8. NintyT

NintyT Member

Having discussed the cost of secret service protection with several employees of that agency over the years, it's obvious the cost is higher than any might imagine. During a presidential campaign year the cost for protecting the major candidates runs about five billion dollars (so I've been told). Sounds crazy, but consider the number of advance teams that are needed several days in advance. Some of the candidates visit several cities in one day. Sweeps for explosives must be done, background checks on the employees at critical sites (like hotels), transportation costs for all, lodging and food.

Hope this doesn't get me on some watch list.....

9. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

In the early 70's being in the Air Force, stationed at Hickam AFB, Hawaii I had the priviledge to refuel Air Force 1 (commonly called the "Silver Dollar")
    The plane was at that time heavily guarded and I could only imagine more security now. One most have a top secret clearance just to get near it and once your within its boundries I was always within sight of its flight crew.
    Years after being out of the service I founded and coached a little league wrestling team in our area. With that being said, one of my little guys grew up and am told that that young man is now piloting AIr Force 1

10. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Yup, it wasn't just AF1, it was a bunch of planes plus whatever. Anyone know exactly what the freight for all this amounted to?

11. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

But remember, all that flying hardware will be valuable scrap after Obama destroys the economy.

Harry Truman moved around in a Presidential rail car and, reportedly, drove himself home in his Chrysler when he left Washington.

12. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

"Just the facts on the Fiscal Year End: The 2009 fiscal year for the
    federal government ended 2 days ago. The deficit through the first 11 months was
    $1.4 trillion, 43 cents of every dollar spent was borrowed, and the
    national debt is now $11.77 trillion which is a 35% increase since Democrats took control of Congress in 2006. More debt has been accumulated in those 33
    months than in the entire period of the nation's history from 1789 to 1989.
    You can draw your own conclusions, they are pretty obvious. This is unsustainable"

John Campbell, Congressman - California

13. slipping into darkness

Would stiil like to know how many times he's used his new toy @ cost to the tax payer's and why hasn't the gutlist news media, jumped all over this issue. I bet before he's out of office he'll use Air-1 more than any previous president. but with a zillion air miles he'll have a lot of free air trips coming on us. S.L.I.D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.