1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM & SCTP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

THIS IS NOT A TROLL--I am wondering what happened. Why is there a AIM and ACTP program?? Old shooters take heed! Some of these kids will vote next election and all can by the one after that. They, in part will decide if we get to keep guns in America. Now to the point. SCTP has been a boon to shooting and now there is an AIM program as well. I talked to a parent this weekend that said they could not belong to and attend both programs. Because dad shoots ATA they will choose to go to the Grand and son will belong to AIM. I understand and would probably do the same. This is a working family and money and more so time is limites to go to both championships.
    What happened?? Why the split?? What was the politics??
    Inquiring minds want to know.

2. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Divide and conquer. Or divide and fail whichever . This is what happens when adults get involved in a good thing.

3. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Sounds like somebody got their feeling hurts, and decided it was not fair to their kid…it was not like soccer where every kid got a trophy at the end….Grubby

4. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

Kid has over 60 trophies including a state ladies championship at 13 Smart Ass. Don't have a kid eligible for the program now. Just doesn't make sense to divide.

By the way how many trophies does your kid have?????????

Forgot to add an SCTP National Championship in the trophy bag. Got one of those????

5. rmngtngrl

rmngtngrl TS Member

Jim,
    You stated in your post that youth could not belong to both SCTP and AIM..that is not correct...Kids are encouraged to belong to both programs...

Kym Hughes
    Calfornia State AIM Director/Coach

6. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

The think the biggest problem is getting Coaches. It is a lot of work. It cost a lot of money. No single coach can run a complete program as it requires a lot of backup.

With reguard to shotgun only where do you get enough kids with guns that come even close to fitting them. You cannot just hand them Dads gun.

7. roger8918

roger8918 Member

doggai, would you please enplane how you determined that the SCTP program cost the shooters more then the AIM program. I must be missing something because I see it to be just the opposite.

8. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Russ: Thanks for the explination---what you said makes sense. I can see how the NSSF got the ball rolling and then wanted to hand it off as I know the NSSF is primarily concerned with defending gun issues in court for the entire shooting industry. I can see how they would want to keep ALL shotgun sports included, skeet, sporting and trap. SO I guess it was inevatable that when success came the Governing body for each dicipline would set up a program for that individual program. OK--

Later poster, I never said you could not belong to both groups. I said the family I was talking to could not AFFORD to belong to both groups because of time and money.

All I really care about is to see those furure voters shooting and having fun.

9. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

This is a good example of divide and screw up. Just look at the grown ups go.

10. roger8918

roger8918 Member

doggai, I was not looking to argue, I was only looking to see if you saw something that we had missed.

N. J. BOB, You touched on two areas that my team struggles with every year. Our number one hurdle is finding people who are willing to help coach while making the sport affordable runs a close second.

We have had just over 30 shooters each of the last two years without even trying. I could easily have 50 if I put forth any effort but I don't have the help to support it so we limit the program to the 30. I always go over a couple because I can’t say no to those smiling faces.

To keep the game affordable, we work hard and have has been blessed by many wonderful contributors, many of them from this forum. Because of their kindness we have managed to keep costs down for the ones who need it the most. Proper gun fit is one of the biggest problems our new shooters are facing right now. We have had some wonderful guns donated to our program and we are in the process of raising money to have each of them fitted with a LOP adjuster. This will really help many of our younger first time shooters who either don’t have a dedicated gun or have Dad's 14 1/2" LOP 870 that just knocks the living snot right out of them. A proper fitting loaner will help them decide if they would like to take the sport to the next level without investing a lot of money up front

If you would like to discuss this further and how we are trying to make things work give me a call.

Roger Beardsley<br>
    Mason Dixon Clay Busters<br>
    www.masondixonclaybusters.com<br>
    717-235-0743

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sctp and aim