1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM Questions

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tachyon, Apr 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tachyon

tachyon Member

Jan 29, 1998
    So I have been trying to figure out how the AIM program works and I have some questions. Last week I sent email to the main aim address on their website and have not received a reply. Some questions for those familiar with the program and what I think I know. I will also have a thread with questions about SCTP.

What I think I know. Each kid has to join the ATA and AIM. Cost is $25 for both memberships. The head coach has to have some certification (ATA/NRA etc.). Are teams based on clubs, schools, 4-H or ???. In our high school season in Nebraska everyone has to shoot for their school at state or be a part of a 4-H team (separate awards for school teams and 4-H teams). How does AIM prevent cherry picking a team?

Most states have monthly shoots listed and the AIM state shoot listed. Nebraska has nothing. Is there an AIM state championship in Nebraska? Do you have to shoot the state shoot to go to nationals? Is AIM only singles? It says it is in one place on the website but then also says shooters should shoot handicap and doubles also.

Is it true that there are no target requirements to go to the National meet in Sparta?
    My understanding is that the awards are going to be done on a Lewis system. So the 1st place team will be 1st and the 12th place team will be the second champion etc etc? HUH?

The dates are prior to the grand and no longer part of the grand. Is this correct?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.