1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull-it!, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Anybody have any idea who will be posting scores for the Aim National Championship? The SCTP had a great system for keeping everyone up to date in real time. Was just curious if the people running the AIM program would do something similar.

2. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

3. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

From the program:

"All AIM Scores will be posted on the scoreboard at the Scoresheet Annex, on televisions near the grandstands, and at the scoresheet annex. Additionally, scores may be viewed on www.aim4ata.com."

Hopefully the scores are made available in real-time on the AIM website, but who knows?

4. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

It's a shame they (AIM) can't or won't use the ShootersPost system the SCTP uses.
    That system is unbelieveable. Once a shooter, squad or team is entered it populates every event each team, squad and individual shooter enters. Fast and painless and almost live.

It would also be nice if the cell service was a little stronger on the grounds. At SCTP Nationals there were few areas that I or other coaches/ parents could get a good signal to even place a call.

Bye-the-way, the weeds were taken care of.

5. wingmaster78

One complaint so far this year.

We are not able to get shooting times or bank assignments until we are officially checked in, which will be saturday morning. Then ( this goes with the complaint about cell service) we will have to get an e-mail out to all our shooters so they can know what time and where we will be shooting Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

We had shoot time and bank information a week ahead of the SCTP Nationals!

6. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

US Cell service was OK when we were there last month.

I actually thought the wifi worked very good from our camper and on the line at the SCTP Nationals until they were forced to shut the system down on Saturday afternoon due to bandwidth being crunched by over-usage and nearly locking up the system.

Wingmaster, How in the hell can you not know when your shooting?? It's two days away!!!

SW

7. wingmaster78

Stonewall

We called several times to get times and banks. When we are officially "checked in" they will give us times and banks.
    They want up to the minute averages for classification. 9 of our kids are shooting a registered shoot at home on Saturday and our head coach is going to Sparta on Saturday to get us checked in. As soon as I get the scores from the registered shoot, I will get them to the head coach. Apparently, so the kids are "classified" correctly. At this stage of the game, I don't see how 100 targets can make much difference on a kids average if he has over 1000 targets, anyway.

Seems like one more reason to give up AIM to me.

Luckily, we only live a little over an hour from Sparta.

8. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

Has anyone seen results from the doubles or handicap events posted yet? I tried on the AIM website, but I couldn't find them.

9. Concrete200

Concrete200 Member

Doubles and caps results on shootata.com

10. tachyon

tachyon Member

Anyone know the number of shooters this year for AIM? I saw the results page but it just lists the winners and not all the competitors.

11. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Looked though the alpha listing and I counted 46 per page, there are 20 pages and a partial. So, my guess is 940+/- for singles. There was 448 for Handicap and 284 for Doubles.

Lots of good scores... Looks like 15 100's.

Three weeks ago SCTP had 1565 for singles, 520 for Sporting Clays and 572 for Skeet at their National Championships.

SW

12. Surveyin'

Surveyin' Member

OK, they had Monday results posted that night. Tuesday's results are still not up. WTH?

13. wingmaster78

They have them posted this morning on the AIM site. I figured that since the pre-lims started yesterday they would have already forgot the kids were there and not mess with posting Tuesday scores.

It surprised the heck out of me when they were up.