1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM Grand Dates and fee reduction (!)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Neil Winston, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Details at the above link.

Neil

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

3. djcuda

djcuda Member

Thanks Neil.I like that the AIM program is actually in conjunction with the grand.
    Dave

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

I appreciate the efforts of the ATA to promote registered youth shooting. My comment could have two very different interpretations but, I only intended one.

Pat Ireland

5. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Thanks Edie !!!

6. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

sounds like panic to me....

SW

7. ontariogal

ontariogal Member

SW, i read it quite differently.

Sounds like AIM has taken off smoother, faster and better than they planned for - - and it's SOUND JUDGEMENT for the ATA to pass these 'savings' on to its AIM participants!

b.

8. clayman51

clayman51 Member

A big thanks to the EC and the ATA for making this all happen.

Dennis

9. Edie Fleeman

Edie Fleeman TS Member

Yes, thanks to the EC for including the AIM kids in the Grand! The idea was to put the AIM Grand Championship on a weekend to minimize time away from school for the kids and away from work for the coaches/parents, yet allow those not in school to come early and/or stay late and participate not only in the AIM Grand Championship but in Prelim Week and the Grand! The reduction in fees will allow more people to participate and, as Neil points out, the information in on the home page of www.aim4ata.com. I can receive your questions at efleeman@shootata.com

10. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

ATA trap fees at all shoots need to be lowered significantly if the bleeding is to stop. (No replies required).

Jon Reitz

11. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Jon -

Sorry, you are going to get one anyway . . . you really think that $2 for the whole day is too high of a fee to pay the ATA, and that will stop the bleeding? I can honestly say that I can't recall anyone complaining about the $2 daily fee - I've heard complaints about most other stuff - cost of shells, costs of targets, costs of getting to/staying at the shoot, time away from home.

Scott

12. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

Scott: I believe Jon is thinking that target fees are to high and need reduced. Thats how I interpretate it. Birdtracker

13. Jon Reitz

I clearly said trap fees, not the ATA fees. The cost of shooting in general is the reason attendance will nosedive again.

14. clayman51

clayman51 Member

top please

Dennis

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Jon: Suppose you figure out how to throw targets for less money rather than complain about it. Who do you want to take the loss?? Along as it isn't you. No one likes the rising cost but you sound like you feel it is the ATA and club's fault. You looking for an ATA bail out of the shooters??

Don

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Don...

How about we send Reitz our clubs shooting costs and he can reimburse us. Then we can offer the shooters a lower cost at the next shoot.

Curt

17. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Most registered targets ARE priced too high.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

18. Jon Reitz

BIGDON & grnberetcj,

I did not complain about anything, but I did state a simple fact. Everyone has the right to either attend, pay the money, and shoot registered targets, or not. A lot of us made the conscious choice not to shoot them anymore due to those higher target fees.

Attendance figures are in fact down. I believe that registered shooting will continue to suffer due to escalating target fees. Is that plain enough for you? You two need to carefully re-read what I posted before you attack my character again. You remind me of the federal government. PM me with your phone number(s) and we can damn sure set you straight.

Reitz

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

There is nothing wrong with my comprehension. Again how do they lower the costs?? I regret that you cannot afford to shoot but the local clubs or the ATA don't have anything to do with that. You say I sound like the government, well I don't sound like I'm looking for a handout.

Why should reduced numbers surprise you or anyone else?? Have you checked economic conditions lately??

Don

20. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Maybe we should consider the costs. Some clubs can throw practice targets for 3.00 per 25 or 12.00 per hundred. That is considering a lot of voluntary help. For a registered event, factor in the costs of extra trap help.The kids scoring dont usually want to spend the whole day sitting in a chair watching clays for nothing. Also most shooters want something if they win, trophy, flat of shells, something. That costs money. A registered round usually costs the shooter about 28.00. Do the math. 28.00 less 12.00 for the target, less 2.00 per shooter for scorer, less X dollar for trophy, then figure in the maintenance of grounds, building, utilities, and last but not least, 2.00 for ATA, and 1.00 for state association. That doesent leave much for left overs. If I had a business anymore It shure wouldn't a trap range that shot nothing but registered targets. And on top of that, what would you have to be paid to listen to the plethora of bitching that usually goes on. Most are quite happy, but there is always one that isn't. Just my .02$ We are fortunate too have a lot of people that are dedicated to this sport enough to provide their services gratis, or we couldn't afford to shoot for sure.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.