1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM Date Change

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by wingmaster78, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wingmaster78

wingmaster78 Active Member

While checking the AIM website for any NEW information, I noticed under tha "Frequently Asked Questions" something very odd.

"A participant of AIM gets to participate in the AIM Nationals at WSRC in Sparta, DURING the Drang American."

Notice it states DURING the Grand? Not the 4 days PRIOR to the Grand.

Just sayin.

2. Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson Member

What we have here is a failure to communicate. This is classic executive committee double speak and demonstrates how they fix a problem they created. Allow me to translate for you. The first year of AIM we held the events on the week-end in the middle of the Grand thinking it would meet the needs of the majority of participants and their families. Those who were only there for the first week could stay on to shoot and those coming only for the second week could come a couple days early. In either case it would be held over the week-end and present as much opportuity as possible. It was a great success!

It has since become clear that the ATA leadership and the tournament director don’t like having the kids under foot or the extra work it requires running the event during the Grand. Their solution was to move it before or after the Grand and orphan the AIM kids. This didn’t sit well with a lot of people so using pure EC logic they simply extend the Grand American dates forward four days to begin on the August 4, 2012 TaDa! Even though no one else is there shooting technically speaking the AIM kids are now shooting “during the Grand”. Now we just need to get somone to call all the vendors and tell them to get in four days early.....

Shoot well,.

Jim

3. wingmaster78

The problem is though Jim, The actual AIM event which is 2, 100 target days of 16 yard singles is going to be held on Monday and Tuesday, instead of a weekend. I think also, if you look at the actual days listed for the Grand, they are August 8-18, 2012, not August 4-18, 2012.

4. wingmaster78

The problem is though Jim, The actual AIM event which is 2, 100 target days of 16 yard singles is going to be held on Monday and Tuesday, instead of a weekend. I think also, if you look at the actual days listed for the Grand, they are August 8-18, 2012, not August 4-18, 2012.

5. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

Don't the preliminary events for The Grand start August 8th, the day AFTER the AIM Nationals?

6. reddeath

reddeath TS Member

Mixed feelings on this.

Con:
    Sure to ba a lack of vendors during the AIM program.

Two or our AIM shooters are also full ATA shooters tring to stay on the all american list. For these kids they now have to attend 4 extra days with all the expences it brings.

This will be my first grand going to support my son in the AIM program. Would have been great to see the event with all the participants.

Pro:
    Less shooters = less confusion especially for new AIM shooters.

Less shooters = easier to find lodging.

If the event is all the AIM shooters this will give them a better chance to meet and interact.

So for now I am unsure how I feel about the decission I will let you know when we get back from it this year.

7. BigBadBob

BigBadBob TS Member

reddeath,

The AIM event will only be AIM shooters. The 2, 100 target days when my son first started, were held on the Saturday and Sunday between Pre-lim and Grand. Last year they moved it to a Friday/ Saturday. now this year it is on zMonday/ Tuesday. I hope it works.

I suggest looking for lodging now. Most probably, anything close to Sparta is already booked. Try Belleville and surrounding areas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.