1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM Awards Ceremony was unbelievable

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by quick2, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quick2

quick2 Member

My first experiance at the Grand was great except the AIM Awards Ceremony. Our kids deserved a better Awards Ceremony. The announcer only needed 15 more minutes to finish when they took the mic away. That was sorry. Some kids got their name called out and some did not. Kids like to be recognized when they do good and win. Why would any adult take that away from them. Most kids have to start school that Monday and have to drive back that night. We got home at Midnight. Some people had a 9 hour or more drive. Next year if ATA can't do any better they should have a designated area where the kids can pick up their award, take their picture and go home. AIM is a great growing program and these kids are the future of the Grand, it needs to be better orginized.

2. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I have been less than impressed with the efforts put behind AIM program. We did not come to the finals this year.

Many questions surround the future of SCTP and AIM.

I sure hope AIM does not continue to be the ugly step-child of the ATA.

SW

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Our local club had the same results with AIM. It's a mess. Shot SCTP this year and they have got their stuff together.

Matt

4. laura!

laura! Member

SW I agree with you in many ways, but I must say that the coaches and the people I have met that are part of the AIM program are all great people who have worked hard for the best interests of the kids and the sport. I don't know about the ATA itself, but I know that some of the shoot management (not in my home state, but elsewhere) have been less than welcoming to the kids. It's shameful.

5. roger8918

roger8918 Member

I agree with Laura, there are a bunch of great coaches working very hard for both the AIM and the SCTP programs but.....in my interactions with the AIM organization at the State (PA) and Nationals levels, I have also been "less than impressed".

One thing that clearly stands out in my mind, the SCTP is all about the kids, no one else....period! The ATA with their AIM program can not say that.

15 min. to hand out over 100 awards..... What's that tell you?

6. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I have nothing but respect for the grass-roots coaches and volunteers that are helping our youth.

The trouble is from Top Down how the program is treated.

SCTP has done ten times a better job in my mind. (My son has been in both programs over last three years.)

I fear for what will become of SCTP in near future. I believe we need ONE STRONG Program not two watered-down programs in the future.

The problem is not the coaches or kids.

SW

7. quick2

quick2 Member

My son did not shoot SCTP this year because of the way they treated him last year. He won HOA in 2008 shot 100 straight and won the shoot off. Last year our county did not have a team and when we tried to go to the neighboring county his waiver was denied. He never had a weiver. He was penaltized because he was a good shooter and that team had a great chance at winning the Grand. And SCTP new it. They did let him shoot as an individual and he won HOA.

8. roger8918

roger8918 Member

quick, some things in your post I don't understand. Most State and National SCTP shoots are 200 targets. Was this at the county level? Also, I have kids from another state who shoot on my team and no one has said a thing and I did not file any waiver. However, we are the closest team to them. I believe they have a rule in place to prevent cherry picking teams if there is a team who is closer they would like you to shoot for that team.

9. quick2

quick2 Member

It was at the State Level, we only shoot 100 at State. (TN) This was no Cherry picking. My son did not have a team in his county he could shoot for. Therefore, he could go to the neighboring county if a waiver is approved.

10. roger8918

roger8918 Member

Something doesn't make sense, why would anyone in the SCTP stop a kid from shooting? Who would benefit from such a thing? There is more to this story then what's getting told.

11. quick2

quick2 Member

No, that's the story. There was a little politics involved.

12. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

i understand the team concept that sctp is following but, getting a team together in rural america is a PAIN!--my daughter shoots a few registered rocks and some local events-- she gets to place in womans or jrs ( some what of an advantage over boys, but so be it)--when competing in the aim and sctp there is no womans division---now lets see??--is there not a womans all american team in ata??????

13. quick2

quick2 Member

getting a team together in a rural area where the parents can't afford it is a pain. That's what happened to our team. There should be a women's division. These girls deserve it. They practice just as hard as the boys and some are better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.