1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM ATA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cat, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cat

cat TS Member

Does anyone know any info, besides what is on the ATA web-site for this AIM Youthshooting. Is it to take place of the SCTP or what. I'm not what we are supppose to do at the State level, because it says in the handbook something about AIM at our State Shoots. If this is true then don't you thnik that the ALL State Board of Director's should have this information.

It's pretty bad when I have caoaches calling me and I don't know anything about it.

Cat
    President MTA (Michigan)

Come on ATA Communicate with your shooters who are paying your wages.

2. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

My understanding is that it is NOT taking the place of SCTP, but rather another program. One set up by by ATA. I have downloaded the manual from their website, but beyond that I'm not sure how it will be run or coordinated. I am staying tuned for more info....

Leslie York
    SCTP Coach, St. Joe Co. Straight Shooters

3. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Cat-

Did you contact anyone at the ATA? Communication is a two-way street you know?

Scott

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Cat

Contact Edie Fleeman, ATA Youth Director, 937-546-0055. (She may be in Tuscon this week.)

5. cat

cat TS Member

Tom,

Thanks so much

cat

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

It's my understanding that the program is meant to be the youth program the ATA wants to support long term. I believe the ATA, the NRA and even the skeet association is not comfortable with the direction being taken by the SCTP.

7. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Two different programs with there own set of rules...

If you wish for registered trap shooting for the youth go with AIM, if not...

8. K-80 Jim

K-80 Jim TS Member

CAT, you know this is not the ATA communication site although I do check in once in a while to see who's telling the biggest tale. The Hall of Fame & Museum may be moving but we're still here in Vandalia at (937) 898-4638 or www.Shootata.com. We will be hosting an AIM teleconference with all delegates, by zone, shortly and you're welcome to contact us or Edie Fleeman our Youth Director with any questions you have.

AIM is the official youth program of the Amateur Trapshooting Association, focusing on registered targets, the ATA Rule Book, and preparing a well-trained future for our organization. AIM is open to all youth and all organizations with youth trapshooting programs, and you will see that the program grows with the child from age 11 and under through college. AIM offers an extremely level playing field with age categories and classes based on average. It is our desire to provide a Youth program of registered shooting conducted by well-trained coaches.

I hope this helps,

Jim Thompson ED

9. trapgeek

trapgeek Member

Actually, it may not be a choice between the 2 programs, but do both! We already do 2 programs side-by-side - SCTP and 4-H Shooting Sports. Most of our kids are in both. My plan, hopefully, is we can offer all 3 programs to our youth. 4-H, SCTP for non-registered shooting if that is how they go with it, and AIM for registered shooting. Like I said, I'm waiting on the details.

Leslie York

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

aim for ata

ata aim membership status