1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

AIG fights back

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by nspktr1, Mar 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nspktr1

nspktr1 TS Member

AIG Suing U.S. to Recover $306 Million Paid in Taxes. Best’s Insurance News. 03/20/2009.
    American International Group Inc., which is trying to remain solvent under a $182.5 billion federal rescue plan, is suing the United States to recapture more than $306 million in taxes -- plus interest. The taxes stemmed in part for the denial of foreign tax credits in transactions involving AIG Financial Products, the unit that was responsible for the investments that nearly drove AIG to bankruptcy last year.

Guess they're going to get than bonus money someplace. I wonder if I can get the extra 6 grand I had to pay last year back if I sue?

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Is it really possible that our public servants are not as bright as the minds in the private sector?

Naaaaw........Really?

(some years ago I noticet that there were some professional people hiding out in government service to avoid the huge complications of having to be proficient)

HM

3. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

If and I do say IF AIG should possibly win such a suit, the proceeds should be a down payment on their debt to the Government created with the bailout. And if they attempt to collect the legal bills as well, that debt should be added to their total figure. This government is dangerous, they say one thing and do another behind your back. I wonder just who these politicians work for!

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Check the campaign donations to know their employers. You are just another fool who votes.

Leona Helmsley called us the "Little People".

HM

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Just saw today that Metropolitan Life is looking to buy AIG out. Wonder if it will happen. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.