1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Ah, the 60s and 70s memories

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by yakimaman, Oct 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Lot of 6 o'clock news here - kind of a gut wrenching look back. If we had newspeople imbedded now and saw this kind of thing everyday on the evening news I wonder how the public would be reacting.

rm

2. Bill Roberts

Bill Roberts Active Member

You should see your old home town now. People getting shot at bus stops
    down town. It's a shame.

Bill

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

And to think, I was at the verge of joining the police force in Yakima -

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Crazy times

Curt

5. avery53

avery53 Member

Crazy times indeed, war, free love, hippies, and the best music ever.

6. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

We've had between 14,000 and 18,000 murders per year here in the U.S for the last 8 or 9 years. If we had "newspeople" imbedded in places like Chicago, Detroit, LA, New York(to name a few)actually covering the mayhem here at home, I wonder how the public would be reacting to that. There are over 50,000 traffic fatalities every year. How about some news coverage of that. Where are the libs when we need them? Where is your indignation now? What's the matter, aren't our homegrown death stats interesting enough for you?

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Yep, that what happens when you allow politicians to make "war" decisions and come up with "rules of engagement".

I was in high school during the Vietnam era, seen the communist taking over the college campus's and the news media turning into Liberals(Walter Cronkite being the worst disappointment)

And it continues today! only they hide behind PC and call themselves "Progressives"!

8. lots of 24's

lots of 24's Member

I was just a lttle too young to be a part of the Vietnam war. I have nothing but respect for those kids that were just a little older than me that had to go serve their country. I cant help but draw paralell feelings about the so called "war" that our brave young men are fighting and dieing for now. I have been to Fort Drum twice in the last few years to talk to these brave young soldiers in the tenth mountain division. They believe in their mission, I just wonder how much the country believes in it. One good thing, at least the returning veterans are treated with alot more respect than my childhood friends were when they came home from 'nam. Still I cant help but wonder, why are we there? why do the politicians do nothing to help us win? what do we win? how will we know when we have won? Why dont we just bring our boys home now? The same questions I had back in the 60's and early 70's when I was worried about my friends.

9. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Follow the money trail, Politicians send young men and women to war so their Military "contract" make them richer and richer!

You will find a whole bunch of "anti" war democrats padding their assets with ties to just about every facet of military "hardware" production!

Who do you think comes up with the "rules of engagement"? NOT Freedom loving people! only PC liberals!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.