1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Agriculture subsidies

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mrskeet410, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I wonder if the agriculture welfare programs will get a haircut.

2. oz

oz Active Member

what about the airline subsidies??? I just saw on ABC that they amount to $3,500...per ticket. oz

3. lilboss1970

lilboss1970 Member

They will probably be cut come the next farm bill. Remember though that food stamps and school lunch programs are the bulk of the ag subsidies. So they could cut all the farm payments and we would only save maybe 20%.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Don't feed liberal trolls.

5. tj303

tj303 Member

If the government would cut the subsidies for ethanol that would be great. Oh, I forgot Iowa has the worlds most important primary...that means we all get stuck with bad policy to buy Iowa votes for the presidential wanna-bees.

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

And while they are at it cut the wind power subsidies they get about $.06 subsidy for ever KW of electricity they generate, they can produce electricity from Nat gas, coal or nukes for about $.04 per KW with no subsidy

7. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

I wonder if the agriculture welfare programs will get a haircut?

They already have been sustantially cut and the EPA is fixing to hand down some water quality regs that are unsustainable and unatainable, but, the CZARS could give a sh*t.

It is all about crushing the American Dream and way of life, period.

GET OUT AND VOTE! WHILE WE STILL CAN!

8. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I am farmer, and I have no problem with the ag subsidies being cut, provided all of other the subsidies are cut as well. Cutting one without all of the others will be nothing more than popping a zit on large a$$, when it comes to reduction of government spending.

John E.

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

It kind of pi$$es me off when people biatch about the ag subsidies most of them are for food stamps, we're the best fed country in the world, with the lowest food prices and if the gummit would stay out of the farming business there would be no need for subsidies

10. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

tj 303.........please show some proof of your claim about Iowa's primaries and ethanol subsidies.

11. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

There are some Dept. Of Ag. programs which assist landowners via such things as Wildlife Habitat Improvement Program (WHIP). This is a "cost-sharing" program where the Natural Resoures Conservation Service of the Dept. Of Ag. pays up to 75% of the "usual and traditional cost" of certain approved practices. There is a stringent application and approval process which includes an on-site visit to the property before funds are committed. There is also an on-site inspection after the work has been compl;eted and before funds are paid out.

In the above cases, something is actually done for the taxpayer funds that are expended unlike in the price support prgrams where farmers are paid to NOT do something.

ps CRP is also part of the Dept. Of Ag "subsidies".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.