1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

aggravation to buy a gun at cabelas-Hoffman Estat

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 50-140, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 50-140

50-140 TS Member

I purchased a gun at Cabelas in Hoffman Estates Il. It took 40 min. to get a guy to wait on me and 40min.to pay for it. It took 10 min. for the mannager to talk to me and he gave me a standard story and really did not care to talk to me about it. When I did go to get the gun it took 10 min. to get it and walk it down stairs. If you have 2hrs to buy a gun and like aggravation , buy a gun at cabelas in Hoffman estates, Il.

2. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Why didn't you go to Gat Guns ... very close and much nicer place to deal with or could you not afford Gat and could only afford to get it at Cabela's?

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had the same experience at the Cabella's in Hamburg, PA. I went there only because I wanted a youth model Savage bolt-action rifle in .243 and no one else had one. Once was enough.

Ed

4. blackfoot

blackfoot Member

I don't get! For the life of me I don't see why people buy from Cabela's!

Their prices are high on everything

Their Cabela branded stuff comes from China in containers:what happen to made in America?

Their customer service sucks- try and get waited on and spend hours buying a gun.

Product knowledge of employees- zero

They are major land leasers for their pay to hunt Cabela's outfitters-in Montana they have taken away land that was once open for hunting for the average guy. Now you need to book a hunt through Cabela's and pay $000's for something that was free for the asking!

Worst of all they are driving the independent Sporting/gun stores out of business-these are the places we all grew up and now we don't frequent because we go to Cabela's!I don't mind paying a little more if I get the service and most important of all, the knowledge and expertise to buy the right thing!

Again why do people shop at Cabela's? I don't!

5. spritc

spritc Active Member

If I ever buy anything from Cabela's (seldom) it's through their catalog. I wouldn't wait 20 seconds to buy an overpriced gun from anybody!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.