1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Agent Orange cleanup

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rexxon631g, Aug 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

I see now that our government is going to spend millions of $$$$ to clean up agent orange sites in Vietnam-----really???? we have veterans in this county who are homeless other's that need help, closing down VA hospitals--- and we're worrying about cleaning up something in Vietnam. We truly are a nation that has our values backwards.

2. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Do they shoot trap over there or is this post in the wrong category?

jim brown

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

In 68' this would have belonged in the shooting related catagory.

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

I was there. Clean it up....

5. buckshot

buckshot Active Member

Dont think im a prejudice person, but lost both leggs in that war, over 42 years ago, for what purpose did it serve, we lost it anyway, Tom Nowak,,,AKA buckshot

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Apparently Agent Orange is a major factor in preventing the opening of Vietnese trap and skeet fields.

7. 1100tt

1100tt Active Member

North Vietnam wanted the south so bad, Well they got it and all the problems.Let them worry about it. Maybe Hanoi Jane wants to go back and help.

8. rexxon631g

rexxon631g Member

Buckshot, I thank you for your service to the county, I too am a veteran (not Vietnam ) and have never needed the VA and hope I never do, but I am just angry over the fact that people in this nation are in need of help because of that war and other wars and can not get it due to budget cuts, but we have an extra 60 million to sent to Vietnam. I know it will do no good but I also vented to my U.S. Senator.

9. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I feel like it's tag, no tag back. You got it, you keep it. On the other hand, would this be a way to search for MIA's? Just asking.

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

buckshot... thank you for your sacrafice and Welcome Home Brother! I have diabetis from Agent Orange. I encourage ALL Viet Nam Vets, and Korean if you were in the DMZ for the first 6 months or 1968, to get a Agent Orange screening through your local VA Clinic. This crap can spawn something inside you and it can go on for years without being detected!

blade819
    US Army 1966-1968

11. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

Buckshot, thanks for your service and sacrifice, bro!

Agent Orange is indeed a ticking timebomb. I served from '70 to '72 and apparently drank gallons of the stuff from our freshwater distiller while our ship cruised the coastline on patrol. Now, 40 years later, I've developed Parkinson's from it.

Like Blade said, get in for screening if you have any indications of AO contact.

Kiv-c
    US Navy 1969-1975

12. Mountainsteve

Mountainsteve Member

Hey Buckshot, thanks for your service. For those who have fought for it life has a flavor the protected will never know. Mountainsteve.

13. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Buckshot, Rex, welcome home, brothers. And thank you, every day of your lives.

14. David McMillen

David McMillen Well-Known Member

Not only diabetes, but also high blood pressure, E.D., neurological problems as well. If any of you Vietnam vets have served on the ground, for any length of time, with these problems, go to your nearest veterans assitance office, and they can help you with some kind of assitance. Which is tax free. I did. Also you can go online and check out Agent Orange.

David McMillen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.