1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

age of my 870 TB

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by jhmorrisn, Jul 9, 2013.

1. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

I finished up my two-year commitment with the US Army in the fall of 1958. During which time I was saving as much as I could in order to purchased a trap gun when I got out.
    When the time came, the first and only stop I made was at a local gun shop, Mr. Moneymakes out on Military Ave.
    He fixed me up with an 870 TB.
    Believe me this gun has got a work out, not so much from me but from my son when he stating shooting on the High School trap team.
    I kind of hoped that his daughter, my Granddaughter would also use it. But no, she got mixed up with an 1100 when she joined the High School Trap Team.
    Now my question is how old is my 870?
    Any one got a suggestion on how to find out?

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Call Remington and give them the serial number.

3. mike b.

mike b. Member

go to this site:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100630104029AAwa7A6

Letter codes are all there.

4. jhmorrisn

jhmorrisn TS Member

OK,here are the numbers printed on the left side of the receiver.:

467119V

L[ke I said, I purchased it as a used gun in in 1958 or9.
    :

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Click the link above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^If it's the original barrel, look at the date code on the left side of the barrel next to the reciever. Or call customer service 1-800-243-9700 and they will transfer you, or give you the number to call for your serial numbers.

Wayne