1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Again Mass shooting / no mention of pharmaceutical

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by pyrdek, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

Once again the avoidance of one potential circumstance even being mentioned in the 24 hour coverage of the Connecticut shooting is glaringly obvious. This shooters possible mental condition, which seems to change with every reporters story, never mentioned drug use or interactions. As in so many previous shooting and similar incidents involving multiple victims, there is absolutely no mention of any use of prescribed pharmaceuticals by the shooter.

It seems that the mass media do not want to do anything at all that might bring any questions regarding one of their very major advertising clients (or donors). Yet these same drug companies must tell you, and so many drugs do come with, warnings about mental changes, including suicidal thoughts/depression or other mood changes that the drugs may cause.

You also never hear of any follow up investigation of possible drug use if and when reports are issued months later. I just have to wonder if there is some correlation being hidden when teenagers or those just out of their teens are prescribed some class of drugs. Is it possible that the drug companies are actively discouraging such information from being released much as the tobacco companies did regarding the health issues of tobacco use?

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

The news media have an agenda and the truth isn't it.

3. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

pyrdek.....if you have proof of drug use you should contact the Connecticut State Patrol with your evidence. I'm sure they would be very thankful you helped close the case.

The State patrol officer said over and over again he wasn't releasing any information until he has examined the FACTS...... What they need to do is shut up the anonymous sources that are giving out mostly misleading statements...

4. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

I post a video worth watching.

Granted there is no specific mention of medication... yet.

But given the boys apparent history the likelihood of meds is very high.

Saddest part is that these types of problems have their roots in the neurology of the brian (i.e., how it functions), yet they are treated not by neurologists, but by psychiatrists.

This may be a large part of the root of the problem...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.