1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Again...from the list...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by rpeerless, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nation/journal-news-map-listed-guns-permits-stolen-from-new-city-home-cops-say-1.4463741

Here's the link.

2. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Clickable shortcut for rpeerless link

This has the makings to really put a hurt on the media with a lawsuit resulting from publishing of the names and addresses of the paper.

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Good. It serves them right. I hope Cuomo's BS is ruled unconstitutional also. I'm sick and tired of aholes from Albany and NYC running my life. People I never have, or ever will have anything in common with.

4. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

Newspapers removed addresses from obits because houses were being broken into when everyone was at the funerals. How can newspapers really justify publishing gun permit owners addresses?

5. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

rpeerless,

We may not like it, but gun registrations are public information. It would be hard to successfully sue a newspaper for publishing public information.

If i remember correctly, someone on this site commented that in the town where they live, gun owner registrations are regularly published.

6. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

Disarming The Victims? - Crime and The Affect Of Gun Control.

rpeerless, Because they care?

7. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I think I heard they stopped the public information with the passage of the new gun ban law????

8. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

A Roanoke Va paper printed CCW permits names and such ONE TIME. Boy did they get a lesson on do's and don't. People were calling in death threats, bomb threats and anything else you could think of. They learned real quick not to mess with some groups of people.

Where I live the paper in the early 80's our town paper printed a full page of CCW permit holders names and reasons. Protection, valuables, law, threats and so on. Some hell was raised by it. I was in my local gun store and the clerk was helping this guy who clearly didn't know anything about guns. He the customer was asking to see this gun and that gun asking question on this and that. I noticed some paperwork that IDed him as working for the paper. I then asked him "Did you write that article on CCW Permit holders"? He looked at me and proudly smiled and said "YES I DID". I just looked at him and said "ok". He then went back to his work. I then said "By putting out that info you threatened my life and well being. If someone came up behind me and cracked opened my skull open and took my valuables I would have sued you and your paper". He then swipped around and said "Those permits are public knowledge. Any one can go to the courts and look it up". I then said "YEAH, Mr Joe Blow Crook is going to go to the court building walk past lawyers, cops and judges to go and ask for the CCW Permits list. YEAH RIGHT". The clerk then put both hands on the counter with a thud and looked at him with the same look I was giving him. I have never seen a guy pick up his papers and thing so fast and get out the door. The clerk said thanks for pointing him out. I wasn't to sure what he was doing. He never tried to write another antigun article again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.