1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket rubber palm swell & pistol grip

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by davidjayuden, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidjayuden

davidjayuden Well-Known Member

Looking at a friend's gun the other day, I noticed that he had a black rubber cap over the front of the pistol grip. It was a textured black rubber boot that both added a right hand palm swell AND increased the downward drop of the pistol grip. Looking at it from the bottom there appeared to be about 3/4" of rubber in front of the original pistol grip, giving the stock a much more hooked feel. It was great, but he didn't remember where he bought it. Does this click with any of you?
    And yes, I'd prefer to look at real wood than a piece of rubber, but given the price of custom stock work...
    dju.

2. TrapDud

TrapDud TS Member

The product you are looking for is a Hand EZ. Manufactured by the KICK_EEZZ recoil pad company. If you look at KICK-EEZZ's web site it;s in the accessory section. Hope this helps you.

Leland

3. semperfi909

semperfi909 Well-Known Member

That HandEZ thing is only a palm swell - not what he's talking about. I had the link to what he wants but I lost it. Gotta be someone else here still has it. Was some combat grip thing IIRC.

4. Wolfman

Wolfman Member

The stick on hand swell falls off fast. Would not buy on again.

5. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

Check out Rat Grip, I believe it is what you seek.

6. davidjayuden

I took a look at Ratgrip, and while it was not what I have seen or have in mind, it may be a good alternative. Thanks All!
    dju

7. jhoward

jhoward Member

This won't add a palm swell, but its as close to what you're talking about as I could find. (Link above)

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Seems to me that either way it is a custom molded grip. A build up of Rat Pads maybe, formed to that shape you describe. Interesting.

9. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

This is what I have on my competition guns, purchased from Trainer Hale Supply (Bexar Community Shooting Range) just outside of San Antonio, Texas. I "think" they are made by D&E (or something like that) and extend my pistol grip an 1" to 1 1/8" and have a palm swell on the right side. They are supposed to be attached with double-sided tape, but it doesn't seem to work well enough for me, so I use the double-stick take and finish it off with Wilson tennis wrap grip tape along the outside edges to make it more permanent. Stays on real well, and gives me a straighter pistol grip, like on a Perazzi. Fills my had area up better as well. Hope this helps. Mike* (MH*)

mikehessongmh_2008_03031.jpg

10. davidjayuden

Perfect!
    dju

11. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

The stick on grip extensions are no longer made by Kick-Eez. They were made of sorbothane and I would buy a few of them myself if I could find some. My son liberated mine. They had another one that had a palm swell and grip extension as one unit. I was told that the reason they stopped was that the scrap rate was too high in the manufacturing process.

JK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

aftermarket palm swell

aftermarket palm swell for shotgun

palm swell

palm swell for shotgun

palm swell grip

palm swell grips

palm swell pistol grips

shotgun palm swell produces