1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket pull triggers for BT-99 ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

Who makes aftermarket replacement pull triggers for the Browning BT-99 which are a real improvement over the original factory equipment ?

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nobody that i know of. About any Gunsmith should be able to improve the trigger. What is it you don't like anout the one you have??

Matt

3. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

On a low frequency -- maybe once in 25 to 50 rounds -- the trigger seems like it has to be jerked much harder than normal. I seem to always miss those targets.

One of the most common advantages cited for the Krieghoff and Perazzis over the Browning is the quality of their trigger.

Many rifles have upgraded triggers.

Just wondered if the same is available for the Brownings.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Hammer--Sounds as if your BT99 just needs a basic trigger job. They will smooth out the action and/or lighten the trigger pull. I'll promise you that if you have it done you'll swear you have a high dollar trigger installed when in reality they just cleaned up what you already have. You mentioned the high dollar K & P guns with drop out triggers. They are easier to swap out a trigger. The BT99 would take a gunsmith to change it out even if they were available.

Matt

5. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

You're probably right.

Almost all my handguns and rifles have a trigger job done by a reliable gunsmith before they're even brought home.

I have a good shotgun gunsmith here locally.

Will have him check it out.

6. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

There is no aftermarket trigger, it would cost too much. You need a different excuse for missing, try " the sun got in my eyes." The trigger can be improved, especially if it has creep. I would avoid having it lightened. Your problem sounds psychological.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

browning bt 99 trigger job