1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Aftermarket Perazzi Choke Tubes Briley or Wilkins

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Sep 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I have a fixed O/U that's mod/full that I use for doubles, but I wanted an O/U with choke tubes to use for SC or Skeet. Basically make it an all-around gun.

So the question is whether the aftermarket choke tubes by Briley or Wilkinson are as good as the factory OEM ones?

Would you spend the money to put in chokes on this barrel or just sell it and look for another one with OEM chokes? Keeping in mind that a Perazzi OEM choked barrel will be pretty hard to find used.

Thanks

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

I am not a fan of screwing up existing barrels although I have one. I have seen screw ups alter the point of impact. This is especially true of older hand honed choked guns. There are Perazzi choked barrels out there. The one I had was screw choke by Perazzi in the bottom and full on top. Had Rhino screw choke the top barrel. This is a secondary barrel. I would never do it to one of my bunker guns. I would think long an hard if you are thinking of screwing up a Perazzi or SO Beretta.

T

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

If you just want choke tubes in, I'd use Briley, because Wilkinson will only instal choke tubes together with his barrel work.

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Is that a bad thing Steve? ;)

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Have Wilkinson do your barrel is not a bad thing, approx. for the price of an extra factory Perazzi trigger, you'll have no excuse to blame on the equipment.

In my book, Wilkinson is probably the best barrel smith today, and very pleasant to deal with too, I had one sets of barrels done by him, it was first class work, the best pattern I've ever seen, but unfortunately it didn't buy me any extra birds.

6. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

So pay to get Wilkinson work or try to buy a new barrel?

7. Jimmy Miller

Jimmy Miller Member

If you look at all the Trap all americans that use Tom Wilkenson for their barrel work you will find he does about 75% of them all. That said he will not just put in the chokes, he wants to know the shells you shoot and fits the choke tube to the barrel not just the gun, they are not interchangable, his tolerances are too precise. Just like many thing in life you get what you pay for. He also make sure that the POI has not changed unless you want it changed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best aftermarket perazzi choke tube

aftermarket chokes for a perazzi

screw in chokes for a perazzi

wilkins screw in chokes