1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

After you won, "The Grand American Handicap"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by repeteclay, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. repeteclay

repeteclay Member

After you won "The Grand American Handicap", where would you chose to spend the evening. Would it be with your family? The ones who supported you through all of the efforts to attain proficiency in your chosen sport. Maybe with the ammo company or shotgun manufacturer who produced the products used in your successful outing. Possibly, they would offer to take you and the family to dinner and take care of the expenses of the celebration. It's for sure, there would be the hundreds of congratulatory hand shakes and hugs immediately after accomplishment. Tell us where would you go or what would you do. It's only three weeks away. Dream about it. Write about it. Now. Here. Peter J. Streuber

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

After you won,

Get a try out for "America's Got Talent" or "Dancing With The Stars" or an interview with Oprah? Who know's, it could lead to a 3 picture deal.

Eric

3. Damifino

Damifino Member

After you won,

<i>it could lead to a 3 picture deal</i>

Classic!

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

After you won,

As it's not a real "Championship" event (as in a contestant did not have to qualify to enter), doesn't mean that much. Of course the best part will have been playing all the options (but with low attendance it won't be much)

It's more prestigious to claim the All-Around and HOA trophies.!

Curt

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

After you won,

I'de spend the day at work because my wife would wake me up from the dream in the morning.

tony

6. shark1

shark1 Member

After you won,

Celebration at the local bar. Lost a shoot-off go to the local bar. One more BUD.
    Mike Sharkey, DC

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

After you won,

Back to the camper to party with my hubby and friends! I doubt I would be able to sleep anyway.

8. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

After you won,

I think winning any handicap event at The Grand would be an excellent feat .I did 19 years ago . Talked to alot of people that day and shook hands . Your on cloud 9 for a while . It is a realy cool feeling . I did not tell anyone that I was going up there that day , so when I got home I had alot of messages wanting to know where I had been all day . Little did I know but word had gotten back home before I did . 1990 Vandalia Handicap Champion 100 x 100 Jeff Prigge

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

After you won,

I'd have to hurry to get back home... NASCAR, the next day. 530 miles away...

10. dverna

dverna Active Member

After you won,

Thank all the guys who helped me get there. I am lucky to shoot with and be mentored by some very knowledgeable people who have won a ton of trinkets.

Invite them out for a great steak and a couple of bottles of Masi Amarone.

Enjoy a really good cigar - with some Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish.

Don Verna

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

After you won,

I like the cigar and portwood !!!! Yummie

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

After you won,

Disney Land, thats where everyone goes who wins something like the Super Bowl, World Series, or possibly even the Grand American Handicap ... Most people who win it will just be getting out of Sparta, Illinois and heading home ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

After you won,

That night beer and cigars with my shooting buddies. And if the Cardinals are in town (St. Louis) a trip to the stadium to see if Pujols wants my autograph! <LOL>

Next day - a trip to the cemetery, to visit a couple of trapshooters, who got me in this game. Dad, buddy I finally did something right.

14. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

After you won,

Pete, I would probably do a nice steak dinner with whoever was around, a few phone calls to family and friends, thank my Dad and enjoy the moment. I know it won't be this year, am only going for a couple prelim days. Now let me ask you a question Pete. If you was in the shoot off for GAH would you change guns? Just kidding!! PJ Baker

15. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

After you won,

lemme see now, ifn I won, there'd be a huge party down at the curvey/hubby camper the likes of which a campground has never seen!! I'd thank my lucky stars too and all the friends that have given me encouragement and friendship in my trapshooting ventures. I'd celebrate it forever afterwards too. Hap

16. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

After you won,

Pete

Im thinking you should win it.

Cant you hear the chatter a few days later:

Hey, did you hear about that old guy who won the GAH?

Did it with one of those old Win. autos.

Well SXs were a pretty good gun. No, wasnt one of those, ah a model 50,

No not that neither. I think it was a 1200 or something with two zeros on the end.

Impossible, those guns dont shoot or do they? Regards......Gerald

17. crusha

crusha TS Member

After you won,

Me: "Honey, I won the Grand American Handicap!"

Wife: "Is that a good thing?"

Me: "Uh...yyy-yeah!"

Wife: "Well that's nice...so do you, like, win anything?"

Me: "Um...I...uh...got this, uh...just another $250 gun."

18. 2ndhandsmoke

2ndhandsmoke Member

After you won,

I would head to the beer tent or the CEB for a few beers on me and a few rounds on others I am sure. Maybe this year will be the year, a few weeks will tell the winner of the "Super Bowl".

Good Luck to all and hope for cool dry weather and lots of good times in the Grand 2009.

19. repeteclay

repeteclay Member

After you won,

Hello Jeff, Thanks for sharing and letting us know, from a real winner. And PJ, I can't change life and it's ways for anything. "Nothing is more constant than change". Also, to "Over The Hill". I know the Winchester 1400 can do the job, I haven't been making it happen. Maybe the next out. Peter J.

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

After you won,

I'm in the (repeteclay) camp knowing it's the shooter,,, not the gun that that enters the winners circle!!!

With a properly fitted H&R cheapie trap single, shoot Grand targets till a miss was the direct fault of the gun and not the shooter! OR, any other make for that matter? Even big Leo may have to work a lot of overtime? :)

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

grand american handicap winner

how much does handicap winner get at grand american trap shoot