1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

after shooting four rounds of Olympic trap today..

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slugo, Dec 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugo

Slugo Member

I stopped by my local FFL to pick up what I believe to be the finest Browning I ever acquired. A special run from Guns Unlimited out of Omaha, NE. A reincarnation of the original Browning Citori Special Sporting Clays from back in the early 90's. 200 I believe were produced in each gauge. Mine is a 20 gauge with long 32" barrels. Slightly smaller version of the original 12 gauge and without those God awful fluorescent Hi-Viz sights. This one has the original twin-bead white sights and flush cut Invector Plus chokes. Also produced with the original competition High-Post rib and right hand palm swell...

100_5767.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I cannot wait to try this f****r out!! Some of my photos will come later...

2. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

One of the best Brownings ever made. Get the High Post Rib.

3. Slugo

Slugo Member

mine has the high-post rib, just like my vintage 1996 12ga/30" Lightning Sporting Clays... :)

4. Slugo

Slugo Member

my 1996 vintage Lightning Sporting Clays high-post in 12ga/30". My dedicated trap gun...

DSC_0003.JPG

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Dear Slugo

I have your gun's littermate. I use it for Skeet, Sporting, and ATA Dubs, does 16's very well. Best handling shotgun I have ever had in my hands. Fits me much better than all the K and P guns I have had.

6. Slugo

Slugo Member

I love my vintage LSC 12 gauge. Fits great and I can shoot trap very well with it...

7. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Coach, then do you want to sell that Mirage of yours? ;)

-Aaron Valdes

8. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

Fill us in a bit more about this Browning. Are they reintroducing it? Is the Citori today, a comparable Gun?

9. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who Cares?? What about the Olympic trap shooting?

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

How were the scores? That game kicked my a$$ big time. I loved it and can't wait to get back to it. I'm always up for the humbeling experience. Went at it with my Browning sporter also. The ones I missed were not the guns fault for sure.

11. Slugo

Slugo Member

I shoot at the Keystone Shooters Park in Dalmatia, PA. Opened last year. State of the art international trap shooting facility. Check their website. And yes, it's freakin' difficult. Birds fly at wider angles and are much faster. Totally automated facility. Swipe your credit card and that's it...

12. roger8918

roger8918 Member

My son Luke shooting some Olympic trap at the new Keystone Shooting Park. Outstanding facility! By the way he is using a 32" Browning Special Trap Edition, great gun and he uses it for everything, Trap (ATA and Olympic), Skeet, and Sporting Clays.</br></br>
    <object width="640" height="390">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ok-oTEfOj_Q&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

13. Slugo

Slugo Member

nice video. Man, that is one tough game!! I'm much better at the standard 16 yard American version, thank you... :)

14. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

What's the horn sound mean?

Eric

15. roger8918

roger8918 Member

The horn signals a lost...the facility is fully automated and electronically scored. The scorer has a push button control and when a bird is lost he sounds the horn. The system picks up the sound of the horn and records the lost.

16. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

17. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Highly recommend Keystone Shooting Park in Dalmatia, PA. It's in a class by itself! Chichay

18. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Nice facility! I hope I can shoot there some day. We had a really nice pair of Bunkers and Olympic Skeet fields at Miramar but now that they are gone I really miss shooting that game.

Like everyone said, the horn is the insult that is added to the injury when you drop a target. Brutal game:)

19. hockeyref

hockeyref Member

Nice shotgun!

Is is this facility open to the public? Living near Pittsburgh it would be a big deal for me to get there... Membership seems reasonable if I lived closer.... Heck... if it were permissible I would end up getting a life membership for me and my two (junior aged) daughters... as it is, I'd probably have to plan it into a weekend trip sometime just to experience it.

20. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Gentlemen,

Thanks for the very nice compliments!!

KSP opened 2012 with a bang as athletes were training all day today, until a fast moving clipper system swung across the area. KSP will remain open throughout the winter as long as the weather cooperates. I highly recommend that everyone give me a call first for range/weather conditions just in case. You can call my cell phone at 717-903-9009.

Hockeyref,

Please call me and we can discuss your family needs and find a solution that will fit for you. We have very reasonable on-site lodging for a weekend trip and another property just became available within 3 miles of the range which is perfect as well for group stays. I am finishing up our 2012 calendar this evening, so if you send me an email, I will forward it to you.

Here is a photo from today's activity.

Happy New Year,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

allenchubb_2008_030367.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.