1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

After oil

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by smsnyder, May 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Just watched a program on tv called after oil. If we ran out of oil the world would shut down. Gas prices would got to $16 per gallion. The south american countries could still operate cars because they use fuel made from sugar cane,soybeans and corn. When will the US learn that?

2. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Earl, just how much sugar cane do you see growing in these parts?? LOL

3. smsnyder

We due grow tons of soybeans and corn in this country. Bio fuel could be the answer to high price gas. Electric vehicles production increase would help. I like the idea of natural gas vehicles. Love to convert my vehicle to natural gas. All this can be done if government wants it to happen. Obama and his sidekicks have to go.

4. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

What do you think the name of the fuel is that is made out of sugar cane, soybeans and corn.

One hint, its the same fuel that Henry Ford used before gasoline was refined from oil.

South America is already a big producer of this fuel.

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Necessity is the Mother of Invention....right now there's very little necessity.

Curt

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Gordy Liddy used to say (nearly daily) on his radio show that "we (the US) have enough coal reserves available to supply us with fuel for 500 years.". I guess he meant using the process Germany used near the end of WWII. Another favorite of his was, "and there is 60 years worth of oil in Anwar if the tree-huggers would just let us go get it." Hopefully we'll never have to find out.

7. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I believe the program Earl watched was produced by the same fine people that worked for Algore? The liberal media will never give up their shell game. It's all about developing an industry big enough to give the Demo's the same campaign funding that big oil gives their capitalist enemies.

In any regard, the program is a farce, it's been debunked several creditable times.

Politics is life, and life is politics to those people.

IMHO,
    Kip

8. smsnyder

It does make you think though. Who would ever think we would have a black/mosoulm President and our national debt would be so huge? State governments are going bankrupt.

9. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

In case you haven't heard, there was a fire in a bio-diesel plant in the Erie, PA area yesterday. I just about wiped the plant totally off the map. There were several explosions heard just before the fire and some more during the fire.

This is one of two bio-diesel plants in the Erie, PA area. The destroyed plant is the smaller of the two. The other plant, located on the shores of Lake Erie, is one of the five largest plants making bio-diesel in the U.S. This smaller plant, North American Biodisel Energy Inc., was using a new technology to convert the vegetable oils to diesel fuel. It used a new process that offered higher conversion rates and a more efficient process. Authorities are still investigating to try to determine the cause of the explosions and subsequent fire.

10. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

smsnyder,

State and federal governments are going broke because their ability to collect taxes to pay for their spending habits has diminished.....one of a 1000 reasons is subsidizing crop and bio fuel production. If you want paradise you and me are going to have to pay alot more in taxes than we are now.

Fuel prices have very little to do with governments going broke.

Everyone wants a free piece of the action, yet no one wants to pay for it.

When everyone gets their bio fuel and it costs 8.00 a gallon, to go where gas was only 4.00......will they then be happy.

The future will not be a very friendly place if we are using our food for fuel.

11. smsnyder

I country continues to send billions to countries that don't lke us meanwhile we are drowning in debt

12. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Oil and gasoline will be the fuel for a lot of generations to come,,We have not found a fuel to replace oil as we know it..Alcohol and anything we can think of including bio Diesel will not replace gasoline in the near future..
    We can put the whole american corn crop into alcohol pruduction and it still won't supply the fuel to fund the american economy..America runs on fuel and so doe's every industrilized economy.If all the green technoligy was so great a lot of corporations will have done it a lot of years ago..
    UPS would have converted there trucks to the magic fuel long ago..So would the American railroads..Could we have battery powered trains???The government has led us down a road with a dead end..They have no forsite..That why they build roads and a few years later have to make them a few lanes bigger to acomadate more trafic..they have a falure to see into the future..They can only see the next election
    Oil will rule the economy for the next 100n years at least..If you can get your car to run on water call me..I use water to dilute my Scotch

13. smsnyder

How about natural gas? It's cleaner and more available and cheaper. If all our buses, trucks etc could switch to natural gas I'm sure gas prices would come down.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I don't think Natural Gas powered vehicles are the future although i've read claims of less than $1/gallon equivelant currently. I'd lean more towards the electric vehicles.

15. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

sm....I agree.....we spent about 2 trillion dollars on ossama....was he really worth it? He's dead finally, so we will now try and find if they cloned him. Billions every day and have you seen any benefit to all this in the last 20 yrs. We should be rejoicing in the streets about how fast we can waste our money. We want to be the worlds hero, the ones in charge, but are we willing to pay for it?

Our problems have nothing to do with fuel prices, if we were a healthy economy the price of fuel would be no more a burden than it was 50 yrs ago. We want wealth and fame, yet we don't want to contribute to it.

I bought 125.00 worth of gas yesterday and due to an issue they would not give me a receipt for all of it.....that pissed me off a lot more than the price of the gas.

16. racer

racer TS Member

Electric Vehicles? Do we have free electricity somewhere? Dan

17. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Hydrogene Cell is the futre power supply.

18. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

We can make phones that talk around the world and fit in our wallet, surely we have the ability to separate hydrogen from water inexpensively.

We just aren't being allowed to do it yet.

First we have to burn up all our petrol.

Honda has a CNG (compressed natural gas) car. And you can buy the fill device for about 3K.

IF I was flush I would already have one.

T. Boone Pickens was touting it last year, somehow we don't hear it any more. Is there a conspiracy theory here>

Oklahoma folks, tell us about your dual fuel vehicles.

HM

19. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

racer---I said nothing about free. You added that. I simply stated that I didn't think NG vehicles are our future. I think they will be Electric powered.

20. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

RKipling hit it right on the head.

Considering what if's from bad information is mental masturbation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.