1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

After Catactact suregery what shooting glasses?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sid fraser, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sid fraser

sid fraser TS Member

Dec 27, 2005
    OK, I sent an earlier message when I started this cataract business. Problem left eye dominanate, right handed shooter. After surgery, left eye 20/25, but still dominanate. Right eye 20/20 or better. Shoot honestly more skeet than trap, but do both.

Now that I don't need prescription glasses to see, what shooting glasses and what colors do I get. I liked the $30.00 Radians Remington t_85 I saw advertised, but can't find them here.

Sid Fraser
  2. luvtrapguns

luvtrapguns Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Sid, My son and I have Decot's in Target gold (bronze), Target orange, and a very light, almost clear, gold. My son has a pair of Beretta ($15) reddish-orange glasses that he feels "light up the target" better on a sunny day.

There is no best color for everyone or for all conditions. Your best bet is to look at targets thru as many lenses as you can, then choose.

Like you, I have also had cateract surgery in both eyes. Left eye dominant. After surgery, witrhout glasses, 20/20 left and 20/25 right. I have always been a one eyed shooter because of the left eye dominant situation and me being a righty. NO LONGER. I switched to left hand. With my "new eyes" and keeping them both open I can see the target like never before possible even though previously I corrected to better than 20/15. It has been a struggle to shoot "lefty" but it is starting to come around.

3. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

Jan 29, 1998
    I had cataract surgery which gave me 20/20 in my right dominant eye.

Still have a cataract developing in my left eye which requires a corrective lense.

My current solution has been to have a plano lense installed in my frame for the right eye and continue to use the same glasses as before.

I am hoping for the same sucess in the left eye when I have the surgery on it.
    I went from 20/50 in my right eye to 20/20 after the surgery.

My .03 cents.

4. JLSO5

JLSO5 Member

Dec 26, 2008
    At my last 2 Dr. visits he said I was developing cataracts in both eyes on a scale of 10 I am about a 3. After reading all the posts about cataracts I was wondering if it were possible to have them removed with Lasix and my eyes corected at the same time? I would hate to have to have my eyes worked on twice if once was enough.
    I intend to ask my Dr. during my next visit but that is 6 months away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page