1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

aersol tru oil

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by b12, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Can't find any Caseys aersol tru oil anyplace around here. Walmarts, Kmarts, all hardwares, Big R's What the hell ever nobody carrys the stuff. They all must have had the same distributor. All have the same display. All have touch up gun blue. How the hell do they sell enough of that stuff to make it worth while. There is not enough people that even messes with that crap. I have looked in a hundred mile radius at least found none.
    I don't buy online and give my # over the phone or net. To many horror stories on that crap. There are no gunshops around this area anymore. Used to be able to go to 8 to 10 within a 50 mile radius 20 yrs ago. No more. Dumasses at walmart that we have only carry steel shells and no lead. Dumb bastards. Wild Bill

2. Jim R

Jim R Ljutic Nut TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Don't know if you want to get it shipped to you but I just saw about 6 cans of it at TRD Firearms, 360-863-3075

3. hera200

hera200 Member

0   0   0

Didn't know they even made it in an aerosol can, I've never seen it anywhere. I refinished many stocks with tru-oil over the years but always got it in the small bottle. Did you find an advantage using it as a spray? I would imagine you would have to go through the same process even if it were sprayed on or am I missing the advantage?.......BUD

4. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Bud here is the way I found the best to use it. Finish your stock the normal way you do with the tru oil rub on. Sand down between coats untill you think your satisified. Then on the very last coat do not sand or do anything to it. Now use the aersol spray. Hold the can back farther than the instructions say. Just enough it get a very fine mist on the wood. Do not spray heavy. Real light coat is enough. Let it dry for a day. Don't go back and look at it till the next day. You talk about a deep shine. The shine looks like a deep piece of glass. Ive done it for years and works great when you want that really deep shine. I don't like it only for that reason. One can last a looooong time. Wild Bill

5. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

0   0   0

b12, I've done the same thing. Works well....

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Need some aerosol Tru Oil?

Check out:

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=&q=aerosol+tru+oil&rlz=1B3GGHP_enUS433US434&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2160044037595281570&sa=X&ei=WdaJT8GYL6etiQK5ja3yCw&ved=0CFsQ8wIwAQ

7. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

How many can of the aerosol Tru-Oil are you looking for? I've got a case, last time I checked. PM me if interested. JW

8. 2oneight

2oneight Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Brownells.com

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

0   0   0

Brownells order pro custom oil from chem-pac it's a better product and easier to use.

Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.