1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advise from TS.com you've got to be kidding

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

2labman,

I'm not flaming you, but everyone is intitled to errors. Wether it be spelling, factual, or whatever else comes about. We are all human and therfor inaccurate.

Sorry for any spelling and grammmer mistakes!

ec90t

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

yeahIcouldn'tagreemorewithyoubutwhypickonthosewhomightnotbecomputerliterateorsavvvyandisnotfromthecomputergenerationofpeopletheymightnotknowallthereistoknowaboutcomputersandspellcheckersandsuchbuttheydoknowwhattheyaretalkingaboutwellatleastsomeofthemdowhileothersarejustoldcurmedgeonswhothinkthisissomeformofvirtualoldfarthomethatisthereprivateworldawayfromrealityandsuchbutoverallaslongaswerealizethattheyarejustnotcomputersmartIreallyhavenoproblematallunderstandingthemnomatterhowbadthegrammiticalerrorsorhowbadlytherespillingis.

Your Welcome...........................

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang Loompar ... your punctuation keys must be broken again but at least it looks like some of the words are spelt correctly.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

If you get most of the spelling and punctuation right, there is danger of your post actually being comprehended.

So if you don't know what you are talking about, screw it up.

HM

5. bigclown

bigclown TS Member

2labman, Excellent points! In the Syllabus I use for Courses, I emphasize to students: "The importance of your message is complemented (or diminished) by the quality of your communication." Best Regards, Ed

6. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Q: How many ts.com members does it take to change a light bulb?

1,331:

1 to change the light bulb and to post to ts.com that the light bulb has been changed.

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

53 to flame the spell checkers

156 to write to David, complaining about the light bulb discussion and its inappropriateness to ts.com.

41 to correct spelling in the spelling/grammar flames.

109 to post that ts.com is not about light bulbs, and to please post this exchange to www.lite_bulb.com.

203 to demand that cross posting to www.grammar.com, www..spelling.com and www.punctuation.com about changing light bulbs be stopped.

111 to defend the posting to this list saying that we are all use light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to ts.com.

306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique, and what brands are faulty.

27 to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

14 to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly, and to post corrected URLs.

3 to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to ts.com, which makes light bulbs relevant to trapshooting.

33 to concatenate all posts to date, then quote them including all headers and footers, and then add "Me Too."

12 to post to the list that they are unsubscribing because they cannot handle the light bulb controversey.

19 to quote the "Me Too's" to say, "Me Three."

5 to propose new www.trapshooters.com/lite_bulb division of ts.com.

47 to say this is just what ts.com was meant for, leave it here.

143 posts for 7-and-a-halfs or eights.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

And 4 to blame Bush for everything

8. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Works well and is free.

http://www.iespell.com/

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

shouldthetitletothisthreadbeadviceoradvise?

10. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

So, 7 1/2 or 8s? Same for handicap? Jake

11. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Who cares?

Posting is a substitute for spelliing

If you check all the grammer and spelling = you are writing a thesis- not posting

but you are entitled to your own opinion

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

What wattage light bulb and should you use a full or a modified choke to shoot the bad bulb with?

13. My-stores

My-stores TS Member

Some of the best things I learned about building a race engine was taught to me by a man who could not read.. Everyone has a thought.. some here are good.. Some are less than ideal. If you knew everything you would not be reading these posts. I'm not the greatest speller in the world.. I build a pretty decent gun.. On any given day..I can shoot with the best of them.. On any given day..I can look so bad on a trapline you'd question if I ever shot before.
    For the most part.. I think we are a family here. Some of you have taken me thru some pretty bad times. I've help those of you that I could.. Please excuse my misspelling.. I'll excuse yours.. If you are perfect,I don't belong in your company.I'm far from perfect..only human.. All Good

14. pa pete

pa pete Member

I herd a lightbulb blu up! "Pete" McDonough

15. Sackett

Sackett TS Member

For someone who wants everyone else to proofread their posts in order to correct mistakes 2labman leaves just as many or more than most. Just look at his last post, yet another misspelled word. "Yes, no ones perfect, otherwise...." Is that the proper way to spell "one is"? Sorry 2labman but I believe you have opened yourself up to much criticism from the rest of us "not as perfect" as you.

Rod

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Do you "brake" a lightbulb, or do you need lightbulbs for your "breaks".

I need SOMETHING for breaks. Especially in the wind...

17. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Simone,

I was being facetious. Look it up.

18. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

What wattage bulb is better?....40 or 60?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

19. TC

TC TS Member

For the most part, I have always gotten good helpfull advice to anything I have asked for help with here.

After a while you learn that some posters are best ignored and not responded to.

Spelling and grammar tell you a lot about the writer.

Sometimes my grammar and sentence structure isn't exactly correct and I will misspell a word or two. Tony

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Was she that ugly that she ate them instead of just turning them off?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.