1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice, Scuff Marks on Browning High Gloss Finish

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by johnjjk, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

I have some scuff marks on a Browning stock with a high gloss finish.

Is there a way to buff out or wax the stock to cover up these marks?

Any advice is sincerely appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

2. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Automotive clear coat swirl remover will do it.

3. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

Is this stuff available in small quantities or do I have to locate a friendly body shop that will sell a little?

Carol Lister

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Most Auto Parts stores will have it in the section that has all the cleaners, waxes and polishes.

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

You can polish the very light scuff marks out of a high gloss finish. But they will come back in a year or so. A high gloss finish will show imperfections more than a softer finish. If you polish the stock with the wrong stuff or in the wrong way, you will end up with a softer finish.

A very soft, long nap polishing wheel about 12 inches in diameter, mounted on a drill press will polish a stock in one or two minutes. It can also go through the finish in 10 seconds if you are not careful. I use a lot of water, and spray on wax along with the polishing compound. It does a great job and makes a wonderful mess all over the shop. Remember, a lot of water and wax and a little polishing compound.

Pat Ireland

6. johnjjk

johnjjk Member

Thanks to "Jerry944t" super advice, I bought "Liquid Glas, Ultimate Auto Polish/Finish, Clear Coat Safe".

I could not believe the RESULTS! The High Gloss Finish on the stock was really scuffed up from a velcro strap in my gun bag. I thought I would have to have the stock refinished. It was ulgy.

I put this stuff on with a q-tip for about 30 seconds, wiped it off with a towel and Presto - Perfect Finish again.

Thanks Jerry944t!!

John in New Jersey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to buff browning stock

how to polish browning stock

how to polish high gloss stock