1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

advice please on where to sell

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by tigerturtle, Feb 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tigerturtle

tigerturtle TS Member

0   0   0

my brother recently passed away and (with a heavy heart) I am going to sell his two trap guns. A Lujtic monogun and a Beretta 682 LTD.
    I was wondering if y'all would give me suggestions for the best place to list these.
    thanks

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

0   0   0

How about here?

-Gary

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tigerturtle, I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your bother. Yes, You can sell these guns here. First ask here what they are worth here, and go to Gun Broker and Gun America also to see what these guns are selling for there. Then when you have a asking price post some Pix's and a price on here and go for it. You don't have to pay a commision here like you do at those other two. Good luck and Break-em all. Jeff

4. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

0   0   0

Never had much luck selling at the club....number of serious buyers is usually small unless you are in a major population center. Here is a great place...large group of buyers.

5. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

This is the best place in my opinion.
    Don

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

When you do your research on gunbroker, go to the advanced search and look up your guns in the sold section to see what they actually went for and not what some people are asking. Quite often the asking price is a little inflated where as the selling price is what it is. Bulge.

7. TNCoach

TNCoach Member

0   0   0

tigerturtle,

What part of the country are you located in? I would suggest that you get some clear photos of the guns and list them here first since it doesn't cost anything...

I'm sorry for your loss, but every shooter lost is a loss for our community.

God Bless,
    TNCoach

8. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Widest audience is gunsamerica.

I dont like gunbroker- but some others on here have spoken well of it.

Listing here as has been mentioned is a good idea

Go to Gunsamerica.com first and try to find similiar models and see what people are asking- then maybe come back here and then go back to GA or GB if that doesnt work

Regards from Iowa and sorry for your loss

Gene

9. tigerturtle

tigerturtle TS Member

0   0   0

thank you all for your help.
    I will get pictures soon.
    I am having a tough time finding motivation to do this.

10. Captain Bud

Captain Bud TS Member

0   0   0

tigerturtle,

Where do you live?

The folks on this site all located all over the united states as well as in australia and europe.

Maybe someone that visits this site lives near you and might offer to show you what to photograph and how to give all the needed information to get the best value for the trap guns.

JMHO

Philip Santos in Phoenix,az

11. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Tigerturtle, Take your time. There is no rush at all. Give time, time and take one day at a time. Be Well. Break-em all. Jeff

12. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

Sorry to hear about your loss. As others have said listing them here is the best option for trap guns. Also nobody has mentioned yet but the guns will have to be shipped to a ffl holder by you upon selling. They can not be shipped to the individual directly so don't fall into that trap. Good luck and if you need more assistance most on here are very willing to help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.