1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice -- Perazzi TMX Special or MX10?

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by V8TBIRDS, Jul 21, 2013.

1. V8TBIRDS

V8TBIRDS TS Member

0   0   0

OK..I know ahead of time that I might just get what I asked for (lol)......I have a choice between a TMX Special and an MX10.

Perazzi owners: What are the disadvantages to either of these guns?

What are you experiences that would lead to change from one gun to another?

2. V8TBIRDS

V8TBIRDS TS Member

0   0   0

OK..I know ahead of time that I might just get what I asked for (lol)......I have a choice between a TMX Special and an MX10.

Perazzi owners: What are the disadvantages to either of these guns?

What are you experiences that would lead to change from one gun to another?

3. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

V8,

I think the two guns are very different. The TMX is a fixed rib, single shot gun that most people love. They typically shoot pretty flat. The gun has not been made for several years, but some parts are interchangeable with the new TM9 series guns.

The MX-10 is a gun with an over and under receiver and can be had in a combo gun also. It is a pivot rib gun that can be adjusted to shoot from 50/50 to almost 100% high by pivoting the rib and adjusting the comb. The MX-10 recever uses all the same parts as Perazzi's O/U receiver and parts are readily available.

Don

4. Crunch

Crunch Member

0   0   0

v8tbirds
    I shoot a TMX. Don is correct TMX's do shoot pretty flat. I have an adjustable comb and butt plate so mine will shoot approx. 65-35 with the comb all the way up. They track down targets very well and the high rib is excellent at holding "heads up" (which tends to stop me from lifting my head). For me the high rib has the effect of isolating the rib from the barrel for more precise pointing. They are really basic guns that can be shot thousands of times and then rebuilt but, they are 80's technology.
    The MX10 does have 2 barrels making it a far more versatile gun.....skeet, sporting and doubles.
    See if they'll let you shoot them.....that should make your choice become more clear.

5. V8TBIRDS

V8TBIRDS TS Member

0   0   0

First, thank you all for your candid replies.

I did shoot both guns, and I choose the MX10. Although it is a "dated" gun as far as technology is concerned, it is a gun that I believe will serve me well for several more years. By that time, I'll know which of these shooting games I like the best.

Cheers,
    Glenn