1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on OU barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jawari2000, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

A week ago while cleaning an OU barrel I noticed that the metal strip between the two barrels is coming apart on one side. I am not sure how long I have been shooting it in this condition. The strip on the other side looks intact. Is it fixable with something like JB Weld or other specialized glue or does it need to go to a smithy? Approximately how much ($) to fix it if sent to a smith?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

let the search engine be your friend.

search for jb weld

you will get a page of useful links on trapshooters.com that will help.

Jim Chapman

Hell, Michigan

3. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Doug Braker did an outstanding job on fixing the side rib on my perazzi. Less than $100 bucks for using an epoxy to regule the ribs.

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Clean the surface to be epoxied with rubbing alcohol. You can use Devcon Plastic Steel epoxy. Mix equal parts of resin and hardener, apply to surface and clamp. Wipe off any excess that oozes out. You can use a 100 watt light bulb to keep the glued area warm, this will help the epoxy cure. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.