1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on Changing a BT99 Hammer Spring

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RSVP410, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

Does anyone have a good way of changing the hammer spring on a BT99. Can not come up with a way to compress the spring and get the spring and rod assembly back into position. Having a hard time getting the original one back in much less the new one which is 3/8" longer. Is a special tool required?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. THE REBEL

THE REBEL TS Member

Scott i have a tool that you do that bought it from bramnell and use it a few
    times it works ok if you would like to have it PM me your address i can no longer shoot and my guns are put away for now i have a heart that is not good
    i love to shoot but can not at this time THE REBEL (JOHN A BELL)

3. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I have to say that Mr. John A. Bell (The Rebel) is not only the nicest, but the most generous person on this site. A true gentleman.

Hope you are able to shoot again, and get well soon. Jon

4. trap7

trap7 Member

John Bell is a very generous man, sent me Release stickers at no charge to me thanks John. Jerry Routh in Ca.

5. RSVP410

RSVP410 Member

John Bell,

Thank-you for the kind offer, pm sent.

Scott

6. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Very nice gesture.

7. dhip

dhip Active Member

I know you all probably seen it,but tonight on world news they showed a gentleman from down south that had a bad heart.They took stem cells from his heart,grew them and injected them back into his heart.He couldn't even walk up stairs before the procedure,Now they show him less than a year later playing field hockey with his grand daughter.Think it was done somewhere in Kentucky,may be hope for Rebel to repair his heart and be able to shoot again.They announced it as a true medical break through.

Doug H.

8. capulona

capulona TS Member

Awesome! Thanks you Mr.John A (The REBEL) Bell.

You have again validated my belief that most people are decent, generous and humanitarian, and that the power of the Internet can be used for Good.

9. archangel

archangel Member

A while back I took my bt apart when I was bored: I learned if the hammer is not cocked, the mainspring will go flying. After 4 hours I took it to the gunsmith. He had a tool he made to install the spring. If you are going to do it yourself eye protection is a must, that spring is powerful. A while back there was a post on BT-99 Mainspring Installation on this site. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.