1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on buying a 682 E Gold Trap

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by lzxray, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lzxray

lzxray TS Member

Hi,

Would like your advice...I'm looking at a Beretta 682 Gold E Trap Combo with a 34" single and 32" double that is about 3 years old in mint condition. Ask is $3.4K. Is this in the ball park? I shoot mostly single trap and occassionally double. Moving up from a BT-99. Question is should I buy the 682 or wait for when the 692 is available? Or, should I get another SBT like the K MS-5 for a bit less used. Looking to spend $3 - $5K max.

Thanks,

Tom

2. citadel

citadel Active Member

It seems high to me. There is a Joel Etchen 687 on TS now for $3,200 which is a much upgraded gun than the 682 you mentioned. The 687 is the same gun with better engraving and because it is a Joel Etchen Special it will have much superior wood.

Tahe a look for it. It will go fast at $3,200.
    Doug

3. southjblue

southjblue Active Member

The 682 gold e has held it's value for over 5 yrs---I had one and it is a great gun for the $$s----JMO---George@SJB

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I'd stick with the tried and true ,..the 682/687 is proven bulletproof and lots of used barrels, wood and stuff floating around that are interchangeable...the 692 will take a while to get to that point

5. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I can sell you a 682 Gold E 32/34 unsingle Y model for $3650.00. Y models are new guns that Beretta will take to shows and let people handle them. After inspection they are discounted out to dealers. Essentially a new gun.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

6. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

I just helped a friend buy a 682 Gold E top single 32/34 combo with case in mint condition for $3200...plus shipping.

I considered it to be a great bargain, especially since you can't get new top single combos any more..(at least to my knowledge). I would have bought it myself at that price...had I not just bought a Browning the week before.

I liked the deal and loved the Gold E...as does my friend. We both prefer the top single setup...which is "not the trend" these days.

Good luck ...Stan

7. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

since you said you wanted to spend up to 5 grand , Buy a new 687 joel etchens pigeon grade III for 4600.00 well worth the money . I bought one 2 years ago and can say this it's giving me no problems with over 10,000 rounds threw it .

8. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

since you said you wanted to spend up to 5 grand , Buy a new 687 joel etchens pigeon grade III for 4600.00 well worth the money . I bought one 2 years ago and can say this it's giving me no problems with over 10,000 rounds threw it .

9. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I'd look at a used Ljutic S.B. for about $3,500.00 Twice the gun
    the Beretta is. Buy a used 1100/1187 for ocassional doubles.

10. pakk

pakk Member

I wouldn't pay that much for a used combo. I bought a 3 barrel set(o/u, top single, bottom single) for $2600 a year ago. If I was going to spend that much, I'd spend a little more and do as other have mentioned and buy a new set from Joel Etchens.

I wouldn't wait for the 692. If you are shooting your BT-99 well, don't change it. Just look for a doubles gun.

11. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

PM sent.

12. njuliano

njuliano Member

Lz X-ray - you'll get a lot of different opinions on TS which is
    is the great thing about it . I can tell you I have a 682 Gold E combo and like the
    gun very much. I've got around 50k rounds through it and not a single
    problem. A couple of years ago I ran a 200 straight with it and almost took
    the Pa state singles championship (runner up) with the 682. Etchen
    Is a good place to get one. For the money they are tough to beat.
    Remember "it ain't the arrow it's the Indian "
    Good luck

13. lzxray

lzxray TS Member

Guys, Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

joel etchen special 692