1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice on a couple of things please?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Perazzi-Mx8, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

I am currently in the market for a new gun and have $5000 to spend. I need either a o/u or combo. I was looking at ceasar guerini and perazzi. I have ownder perazzi's and have had good luck with them. Has anyone had any experience with the ceasar trap guns or any feed back at all on these would help. Do they hold up? How do they shoot? Maintenance required? Any feedback will help.

Thanks,
    Travis

2. Claydotter

Claydotter Active Member

I haven`t owned either one, but have shouldered a CG Summit Trap 34" Unsingle at my local dealer. Very Nice!

Check out the two Guerini forums on Shotgunworld. Quite a few owners post there. ( as do here.)

Regards, Pete

3. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Hard to go wrong with either. I would go with whatever fits you best. IMHO there is nothing better than the Perazzi stocks.

Good luck.

Matt Ski

4. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Perazzi over the other choice. You already have experience with it and a P gun won the 100k at the Grand! My opinion is they are way over priced though. So I would by a good used Win.101 32" barrels full and full choke no porting. Put on a Fit Precision stock for recoil reduction. Take it to the Grand next year and be a hero! Me,I like my 870 Competition 30" full no screw in chokes or port holes.
    Take the Perazzi it only costs a little more to go first class!

Harry Lyga

5. jr7100

jr7100 TS Member

I love my guerini, but you should only buy after trying. Mine shot insainly high for me, and even the adjustments were not enough. I finally got extra hardware and made a lower comb. Really starting to shoot it better now. Jim

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Harry, the P-Gun didn't win the $100,000 the Shooter did. I read a lot of posts on here about the CG, some bad, but mostly good. I have a Pgun and a Kgun and if I were looking for another I would not hesitate buying a C.G. and saving a little money. Bulge.

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Did you look at this one on here now? Bulge.

8. Perazzi-Mx8

Perazzi-Mx8 TS Member

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I will have to shoot a CG before I make a decision on one or not but im going to keep my options open.

Thanks

Travis

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Travis. The CG is unbearably tight. You literally have to find a way to use leverage to open and close the gun. It is not the swinging door hinged gun you are used to. Stay with a used but not abused P combo. the CGs of late have languished on the forum at 25% less than what the buyers thought they were worth. A good P gun will be 5 grand now and 5 grand in value next year. Go a P gun.

Jack

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

A used Beretta DT-10 combo might be another choice.

11. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

MIA makes good comments... Used Perazzi's sell for what you paid for them...

better than the stock market lol

12. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Travis, give the Guerini a try, I think you will like it if it fits you. Great balance and handling,very good adjustable pull trigger,easy to adjust rib and comb,very good fit and finish,stocks are cast for a right hander and available cast for a lefty, very good patterns from chokes.

The gun really shoots, I have managed to win something every local ATA shoot I have been to this summer with a B class win Saturday at Thurmont, after SatI think I am now up to A class. Have also had 1 overall caps win after only having the gun a month.

As far as being tight,mine was pretty tight out of the box and after 5000 rounds has settled into a tight precise feel that is not difficult to open. Would rather have it this way than a gun that gets loose quick.

As far as resale I don't know anyone who is not taking a beating on selling a gun they bought new. My observations show used Guerini's selling quite well for about a 1000 to 1500 under what they sold for new. However BigM-Perazzi's statement about buying a used Perazzi seems to be applying to the Guerini's right now,buy a used one for 3500 and you are going to get close to that if you resell. There seem to be quite a few Perazzi;s sitting on the forum right now, the economy sucks.

At this point I am very happy with my decision to purchase the Guerini, hopefully will continue to enjoy it for many more years.

John R

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.