Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ADVICE Needed, Stock Modification

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fortycaliberglock 
#1 ·
I could use some advice on modifying a 687 EL stock. I bought the gun for my father a couple years ago for recreational shooting; occassional hunting, trap, skeet and clays. He didnt want to tell me but the stock is a little long for him. Also, because of a bad shoulder, the recoil keeps him from shooting as much as he'd like. I'm thinking of sending it off for a recoil reduction system which should also fix the LOP.

What system do you recommend and who should I have do the work? Money is a little tight right now so price is important.

Thanks all!

Joe

#2 ·
Joe,
I have installed several Gracoil systems in my guns,and my buddys guns,their not that hard of a job if you take your time,and have access to a few tools,Mitre saw-Disc sander-3/8"Drill,and a Dremel Tool with a router attachment.and about 3hrs.
I always get the Gracoil kit from Midwest Gun Works( MGW ) 636-475-7300 They are great guys to deal with,the kit is $225 just a thought,CCampbell

#4 ·
I have recommended this gentleman for recoil devices and they all love the results and low price, it is nearly identical to a SOFT TOUCH. and his name is
Carey Barron, 128 118th st. Orofino, IDAHO 83554 the cost is $315, if you need soft comb it is extra, new recoil pad is $25, adjustable butt plate is extra,
I paid $515 for Recoil system, soft comb, adjustable butt plate, adj comb, new recoil pad, and my stock cut to the LOP that I needed and included shipping and insurance. But the basic recoil system w/adj comb, to your LOP $315+ shipping and insurance. Here is his phone number208-476-7480. If phone 3 is not correct call information and get it by his name, all have really been satisfied.

Gary Bryant
Dr.longshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.