1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice needed on rinsing & drying shot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mono1393, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I've been making my own shot off and on now for about a year and was curious what others are doing to rinse and dry their shot after dropping it.

I have been rinsing it in a seive I bought at Walmart and then placing it on baking sheets and placing in the wife's oven for about an hour at 200 degrees. Wife doesn't think kindly of it when she wants to bake her muffins.

I had a range donated to me a while back and I am going to wire it in the shop where I drip my shot.

What do others do?

Chris Morris

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I put it in a bucket, go over to the hose and fill it up. Stir it around in the water, dump it out and repeat 2 or 3 more times. To dry, we dump it out onto screens and let it dry in the sun. Only bad thing is you can do shot when it's raining out...

Josh

3. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

What are you using for coolant??

Try Sun Burst laundry detergent - very easy to rinse - spills are a GOOD thing (clean up that oil spill on the garage floor, plus it doesn't matter if you get it on yours clothes).

Dumpd shot on a large beach towel to absorb the water - leave out in the sun on a sunny day and you're ready to go...

4. mcneeley5

mcneeley5 Member

Used carpet, jute side up.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

After cleaning reclaimed I put it on a cloth tarp about a half inch thick and leave it till it's dry. The tarp absorbs some of the moisture so it gets dry quicker.

Outside on good days.

HM

6. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I use to aim a heat gun in the mouth of the cement mixer.. Dries pretty quickly..

7. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Thanks.

8. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

i use brake fluid,i drop into french fryer baskets lined with aluminum window screen,rinse in 25 gallon totes of water,(2)pre rinse & final rinse,drop out on to a tray coverd with a automotive shammie,half hour later i put into my cement mixer with wifes old hair dryer running on hi (gets to 150 degrees)pointing into cement mixer(made a stand to work)20 min of tumbling and ready to go.mark

9. mono1393

mono1393 Member

I forgot to add I use Dot3 brake fluid.

10. plinker61

plinker61 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.