1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Needed on Miroku V Beretta

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Murray Wilton, Sep 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murray Wilton

Murray Wilton TS Member

I am hoping someone may be able to assist me. I am writing from Sydney, and after years of sport shooting have fallen in love with Trap Shooting. My experience is limited as I've only shot trap 6 times, hence I've not purchased a shotgun, but intend to this week
    I had some great success with a Miroku Grade 1 Trap..but on the weekend tried a Beretta Silver Pidgeon and was lucky to hit 10 targets...I'm wondering if there is any major differences in the two guns, or did i just have a bad run on DTL?
    At this stage I am going to buy the Miroku, but would really advice that is given to me.

All the best, and thank you.

Murray

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

It's probably more a case of a difference in point of impact/gun fit/ in the two particular examples you shot, Murray, rather than a brand difference. Of course, since you have only shot six times, ten is not a surprising score with any gun.

What you need is good shooters to talk one-on-one with you about guns, how you are holding one when you shoot it, and so on. This person must _not_ be someone who is trying to sell you a gun. Don't take anything you hear as Gospel, but consider it "something to think about."

Here's what you need in a gun:

You have to be able to look straight down the rib without tilting your head - right/left -much. You should see a bit of, but not much, rib. Don't buy one if the seller says you can get an adjustable comb. get it fitted, and so on. This is your first gun ( and not your last) so you shouldn't spend much on it or much modifying it either. What you are going to find, probably, is that something else would have been better in view of the style you will be developing.

And here's what you need once you've shouldered a few guns and hopefully shot at least a couple of them. Search here for Rollin Oswald's book, buy it, and read it before you buy a gun. OK, it won't make much sense (and my comment about Gospel applies here as well) but since fit and style is far, far more important than brand, it's where you should start rather than comparing Beretta and Miroku.

Neil

3. Murray Wilton

Murray Wilton TS Member

Neil,

Thanks so much for the advice. I will look around to see if I can find the book you spoke about.
    The concern I have is that I was hitting 23/25 with the Miroku and 10 with the Beretta...
    I was wondering if the stock may have been different in size, and that is one of the reasons I was shooting so badly?

Murray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.