1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Needed 391 trigger.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by raul82, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raul82

raul82 Member

What would be the best trigger configuration for a 391 teknys trap? The gun has a release trigger installed but I am looking for pull trigger options.

Thanks, Ralph

2. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Buy a 390 trigger and have it tuned.

3. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

i have a 391 trigger assembly brand new never in the gun. contact me motordoc

4. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Forget the 391 trigger Brad is right get a 390 trigger or trade it for a 390 that has the bent carrier. Then sell the 391 trigger for 225.00 is a fair price for a release. You could always just remove the hook and have a pull trigger. Lots of the 391 guns had the straight carrier and had to have them replaced with a bent carrier after a few thousand rounds because of feed problems. The 390 triggers were metal the 391 is plastic I have both but prefer the metal housing . If you decided to return to a pull trigger do not buy a sear I will give you one for free.
    Buddy

5. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I wouldn't try to convert the release trigger back to a pull. There could be
    other modifications that were made besides just replacing the sear with a release hook. On Spear release triggers,the spring and pin that allow the sear to move are replaced with a bar that makes it immobile. That would have to be
    changed. There could be modifications to the hammer, too. Either keep the release trigger for the future, or sell it.

6. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

303 or 390 trigger that is tuned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.