Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advice Needed 391 trigger.

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tron 
#1 ·
What would be the best trigger configuration for a 391 teknys trap? The gun has a release trigger installed but I am looking for pull trigger options.

Thanks, Ralph

#4 ·
Forget the 391 trigger Brad is right get a 390 trigger or trade it for a 390 that has the bent carrier. Then sell the 391 trigger for 225.00 is a fair price for a release. You could always just remove the hook and have a pull trigger. Lots of the 391 guns had the straight carrier and had to have them replaced with a bent carrier after a few thousand rounds because of feed problems. The 390 triggers were metal the 391 is plastic I have both but prefer the metal housing . If you decided to return to a pull trigger do not buy a sear I will give you one for free.
Buddy

#5 ·
I wouldn't try to convert the release trigger back to a pull. There could be
other modifications that were made besides just replacing the sear with a release hook. On Spear release triggers,the spring and pin that allow the sear to move are replaced with a bar that makes it immobile. That would have to be
changed. There could be modifications to the hammer, too. Either keep the release trigger for the future, or sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.