1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Advice Cleaning Perazzi Triggers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cottondoctor, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Someone who knows – tell me if this is an OK system: For my Perazzi and Precision Gold Triggers – every 1000 or 2000 shots I will simply rinse the trigger with Birchwoods’s Gun Scrubber – shake it and let it dry – then spray it down really good with Rem Oil – shake it and let it sit for a while with hammers facing down – wipe it off and put it back in the gun. Opinions please -

2. carv

carv Member

I don’t use any cleaner as I have never seen it dirty enough that oil won’t flush away the dirt. But I do use the same method when away from home. Home I blow off the excess oil with compressed air.

3. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I would suggest you go to Giacomo's website. He has detailed the preferred cleaning for P-guns.

4. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

I put my P gun triggers into the ultra sound solution along with my dentures. Then I dry the trigger group and spray it with Krieghoff oil and lube the sear area. Works for me...

5. shootsome

shootsome Member

I've been using the cleaning method on Giacomo's web site that calls for Tri-Flow. Not a single problem.

6. comp 1

comp 1 Well-Known Member

Lay them out on your back deck,squirt dawn dishwashng detergent on them,wait for it to rain hard andlet them air dry,then brush off the rust with fine grade sandpaper and load up with a little 3 in one oil.

7. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Do you also clean the extra trigger required for P guns in the same manner, just in case?

On a serious note, can the oil splashing problem be solved by sealing the interior of the wood stock next to the hammers? Tung or linseed oil comes to mind. I have coated the interior of my K gun wood with linseed oil just as a precaution.

8. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

I would use mineral spirits instead of gun scrubber.
    Joe Goldberg

9. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

MX-8B...yes, it is the reason I used linseed. Drys in, not on, the wood.

FWIW, I note the K people are advocating mineral spirits as the cleaning agent of choice.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Clenzoil and a rag, no more problem ... It cleans and lubricates all in one easy motion ... I buy the stuff by the case ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to clean a perazzi trigger