1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adopt a beautiful pitch black German Shepherd

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by joe kuhn, May 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Wife bit off more than she can chew. Great dog. A little too strong with other dogs, but if you show her she's not the leader of the pack, she's fine.

She has one more heart worm follow up with the vet, is on normal heart worm meds until then and is gaining weight nicely.

Thanks for considering her.

Joe

2. BP348

BP348 Active Member

Wow, great looking dog.

If I was still in the Chicago area I'd really consider adopting her.

3. joe kuhn

Thanks for looking guys. Here's hoping. She's a great dog.

4. joe kuhn

That's great. Thanks.

5. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

Joe, I have some questions, please email me at the above address. Thanks, cls

6. joe kuhn

Email sent.

7. XT George

XT George TS Member

Joe: I have a few questions, could you e-mail me

Thank you

George

8. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Good luck with the adoption. So. Ca. is too far to ship. I will be replacing a 12 year old GSD soon and there is no better dog. Come on people some one must be around the area who needs a protection dog. Good thing about a dog like this is that they are always loaded. Fred

9. joe kuhn

Anyone else interested? Thanks, Joe

10. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Sooner came last night for our 12 year old German Shepherd. We had to put her down - mutiple seizures that would not stop. What a loss for our family! This dog raised my daughter and was in every sense a member of the family. We will be in mourning for awhile. Fred

11. joe kuhn

Sorry to hear that Fred. You might consider a new dog right away. Helps with the focus.

Did you know 'dog' spelled backwards is 'god'? I just mis-typed it that way. Sheesh. Everybody needs some 'dog' in their life if you know what I mean.

Consider fostering and adoption.

Rescue folks found a new home and just in time. I'm out of steam with work, etc. Haven't been shooting much lately...

12. joe kuhn

Don't know that family in Geneva or the business.

Petra went to a new foster home today and if it works out she'll have a new home for good. She bahaved well with the dog they already have.

Saw Tom Knapp at Elmhurst on the way home. Good day. Thanks to all.

Joe

13. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

I know someone who will take Petra for good : ) and am getting all of the contact info to get things rollng on possible getting a new Texas home

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Sorry to hear that Fred. Our Jack Russell Pete is 11 now but still going strong. He has more problems more often, but seems healthy. We got him a sister Jack Russell so the family is complete now.

"Fred the Dead Bison Head" says hello.

Jennifer

15. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Thanks to all of you for your well wishes. We are doing OK with the loss, but it will take time. The outside English Springer Spaniel is now learning to become the indoor dog. Not having the protection of the GSD is disconcerting; we have had a "protection" dog [rottweiler or german shepherd] for 20+ years.
    Jennifer good to hear from you and the buffalo. We are starting a lot of club improvements as of this week = regrading the fields, demolishing the trailer, starting to build a range house, moving the storage sheds, and starting the addition of the three new trap fields. All should be finished by the end of the year. Fred

16. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

I've been getting Robb's emails - it sounds like we won't recognize the club next time we're down! Are the trap fields going where the old tractor and container(s) are/were?

Have fun with the target delivery and trailer demolition. Sounds like an action-packed day! Tell Sammi hello for us...

Jennifer & Steve

17. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

One trap field where the old tractor was. The other fields will be an over lay where the current skeet field is now and then to the south of the skeet field. Fred

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.