1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Admiral Art

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Kynoch, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kynoch

Kynoch TS Member

Art;

By now you should be on easy street, that is if you did quit smoking.
    How's your follow through?

2. Ivabigun

Ivabigun TS Member

Ok let us know admiral art I think you are one of the good guys.

Ivabigun!

3. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

I was just wondering how you were doing myself. Hope your still doing well.

4. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Fine as frog fur, I am. Thanks for asking.

I have not had even one puff on a cig (or anything else) since June 28th (or 29th I have forgotten for sure). From time to time I would take a "feel good" pill that my Doctor gave me, for when I was "jonesing" real bad. I have gained 20 pounds, and that has got to come to a sharp and clear focus.

October and November were real bad months for me at work. Lots of times I would go back and read all of the comments on the original thread for support, and it helped. The support I got from TS.com posters made it possible for me to do it. To that just proves that despite all of the quarreling, name calling, and bullcrap that we do on here, we are all friends.

I seldom think about a smoke, but just yesterday I was simply walking back to the house with the dog, and I had a "pang". I just laughed to myself and it was gone by the time I got to the door.

Note: "Jonesing" is a street term for addicts who need a fix.

I have been very busy at work and I have not had as much time for the internet and TS.

For those of you from Maryland, you know that Joe Kopera, the former forensic firearms expert for the Maryland State Police killed himself after it came to light that he had falsified his education. All of the cases that he worked on are subject to some close scrutiny. Our office has a grizzly high profile double murder (bodies cut up, etc.), with two murderers doing life riding on this.
    --

5. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Art...

Is that the case where the bodies were dumped here in Delaware?

I heard about Joe from my brother-in-law....Asst. State's Attorney for Cecil County.....was sorry about it and know the problems that may arise.

I too the the "pangs".....but my pangs are beeer pangs.....had to give that stuff up a couple of years ago...I realized late in life that I couldn't have just one!

Anyway...keep up the good on the smoking thing....

Curt - DSP Retired

6. Kynoch

Kynoch TS Member

Art,

You Sir, are to be congratulated. Your bod will thank you as the years pass. Trimming a few pounds should be fairly easy for you after this. Good Luck and Good Health.

7. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

I kicked the habit years ago and went through hell for awhile. Chewed alot of gum. Dave

8. admiral Art

admiral Art TS Member

Curt

Yeah that is the case. We had an entire Academy class at the Sussex County dump (landfill) looking for the bodies and parts thereof. Found a torso, and a leg.

First week of June and hot. I am senior (smart) enough to avoid such lowly duty.

The expert only testified in the case against the female defendant (it was her gun), so we should be okay on the guy.
    WE have asked Ocean City PD to send the evidence off to a different expert (could be DE, but I am not sure, they might go with the Feds, but they are slow as a slug-no pun intended.) If the the new examination comes up with the same results we should be okay.

As you know the victims were cut up, but the bastard(s) carved out the bullets as trophies. OCPD got in the murder scene on an exigent circumstances search, saw the bullets on a table, did a quick sweep and froze the place until they could get a paper warrant--outstanding police work.

grunt
    I did that gum thing for a day, and figured I was just substituting one habit for another-for sure one won't kill you, but I just knew I had to rewire my brain or something. Everyone that beats that damnable additiction does it his or her own way, I was lucky that I was able to do something, (I do not know what) that made it relatively easy for me. I truly expected it to be impossible after 40 years of smoking.
    Again, I think a support group like TS made the difference, as I never even spoke of it to anyone in my real life, not even my wife-she never mentioned it for at least 6 months, on my birthday she gave me a certificate for a 90 minute massage and therapy session paid for with money she had been "saving" each month out of our budget.

But I would go to TS several times a week to read that thread for encouragement. There is just no way, NO WAY, I can thank everyone enough, for I am positive I cuold never have done it without that encouragement.

AA
    --

9. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Keep up the good work. I quit March 2, 1994. You are over the hump and you can do it now. As for the weight your doing better then most. I to gained 20 pounds and in time you will get rid of it. Just watch what you eat and drink.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.