1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Adjutable Butt Plates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by markc2, Jul 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markc2

markc2 Member

I have been toying with the idea of an adjustable plate/pad. I have never shot anything but a standard set up, and I need advice on who makes the best system. I have looked at several, but have no experience with any of them and would like some pointers.

Thanks! Mark

2. johnboy

johnboy Member

I had Greg Hissem intall one this spring and I am very happy with the hardware and the fit and finish of the pad and plate. Greg also reponded in some detail to a question I had about the hardware. I talked with several people who install adj. pads before deciding on Hissem. I selected Greg based on a competitive price, conversation over phone and recommendations from this site. Having said that, there are several people out there who do very good work and most of them offer personal fitting sessions. The adj. pad has helped me with head raising, a more contistent and comfortable fit and so far appears to be improving my scores.

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

I like the Jones adjuster.......simple and effective

John C. Saubak

4. Squeal

Squeal Member

I have a Jones and a 100 straight. I like the 100 Straight best.

5. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Another vote for Greg Hissem - a great person and great at what he does.

6. BAP

BAP TS Member

The one the Country Gentleman does is the best I have seen so far. One hole through the butt plate and it adjust any where with a wide range of movement. Bill Parson Jr.

7. Jawari2000

Jawari2000 Member

Another vote for Greg Hissem, he installed RAD System #2a on my SKB and it's flawless. His website is http://www.greghissemstockworks.com/

Thanks Greg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.