1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

adjustment @ comb to move POI up a foot?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

How much do I have to raise my comb to raise my POI a foot? I'm trying to setup a trap gun for myself, and I was having to hold a foot over targets to get good breaks, seems to be a good starting point that I can fine tune from.

2. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

A foot at what distance? The Churchill rule of thumb is that 1/16" will move POI 1" at 16 yards. That would equate to 1" for a move of 1 foot at 16 yards.
    YMMV...

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Anti-Fed- Are you sure about your arithmetic? 1 inch = 16/16.

Pat Ireland

4. Anti-Fed

Anti-Fed Member

Pat...I knew something didn't seem right when I wrote that. I hate working nights.

5. TomB

TomB Member

Skeetman.....A mathematician can calculate exactly how far to raise the comb if you measure the distance between the front bead and your eye. And then how far away from your barrel you want to raise the point of impact (at what distance are you breaking targets). If you want I can do that for you...just put those two distances with inches for 1st and yards for 2nd, and I'll put the answer on here. TomB

6. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Need to know how long your barrel is but assuming it's 30" long and your eye is 12 from receiver, you'd have to raise the comb approxamately .40 (just under 7/16") to raise POI 1' @ 35 yrds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.